2017 Opponents Players Leaving For Draft

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He's a good QB...but man, I don't know about being a first round draft pick. Everyone that's played in that offense puts up BIG numbers, and I wasn't exactly wow'd by any of his throws. I thought Marquis Williams was a much better QB for UNC. Trubisky will only have started for 1 year. The fact that it's a QB friendly offense and he only started a year would scare me off as a GM looking to draft in the first round.

I've seen some drafts with him ahead of DeShaun Watson. OK...who ever drafts Trubisky ahead of Watson needs to be fired. We're in this day and age where less film of a player is better than 3 years of film on someone because now you have too much film to find flaws. It's crazy. What makes Trubisky any better than Jerod Evans of VaTech who put up similar numbers starting just 1 year like Trubisky? Evans is bigger, stronger arm, and made just as many impressive throws...and he didn't have the WRs Trubisky had.

I'm not saying Trubisky isn't NFL caliber, but the 1st QB taken in the draft?! A first rounder? Yikes...glad I'm not the one making those decisions.
I'm with you, I've seen some with Deshon Keizer and Turbisky ahead of Watson. Some drafts have Watson going in the second round. There's no way as a GM I'm taking Turbisky over Watson. I don't get why these teams take QBs so early in the draft unless they think they're a franchise type QB. There's plenty of free agents on the market who we're right where Turbisky is now. Look at Cardelle Jones, had he come out after that 3 game tear he had 2 years ago he might have been a top 10 pick. Watson and Goff ran similar type offenses in colleges and Watson is on another level than last years #1 pick.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you, I've seen some with Deshon Keizer and Turbisky ahead of Watson. Some drafts have Watson going in the second round. There's no way as a GM I'm taking Turbisky over Watson. I don't get why these teams take QBs so early in the draft unless they think they're a franchise type QB. There's plenty of free agents on the market who we're right where Turbisky is now. Look at Cardelle Jones, had he come out after that 3 game tear he had 2 years ago he might have been a top 10 pick. Watson and Goff ran similar type offenses in colleges and Watson is on another level than last years #1 pick.

Trubisky reminds me a LOT of another UNC QB: TJ Yates. Yates has a stronger arm, and was much more polished coming out of UNC. I woudn't spend a 1st on Yates, but somehow a GM drafts Trubisky in the 1st round? No wonder why NFL franchises are constantly firing coaches and GMs these days.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Like I said earlier, Trubisky played just enough college games to show how good he can be (his supporting cast, which was full of upper classmen, probably helped a TON). When you play multiple years, your flaws become more apparent. That's one reason Watson's skills get picked apart.

Don't forget, this is also perceived to be a down year for QBs in the draft.

BTW, there's NO WAY I'd take Trubisky in the 1st round.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Trubisky reminds me a LOT of another UNC QB: TJ Yates. Yates has a stronger arm, and was much more polished coming out of UNC. I woudn't spend a 1st on Yates, but somehow a GM drafts Trubisky in the 1st round? No wonder why NFL franchises are constantly firing coaches and GMs these days.
That's why those teams are always have a revolving door at QB. If your gonna take a Qb why not give up that top 5 pick for a proven Qb like Alex Smith, Cutler, or Tannehill. I know none of those guys are gonna really light it up but at least you know they are starting worthy. Unless there's an Andrew Luck in the draft class that's what I'm doing.

I would take Watson with my top 5 pick though btw, but if I'm thinking Turbisky I'm seeing if I can make a trade for one of those guys above.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Like I said earlier, Trubisky played just enough college games to show how good he can be (his supporting cast, which was full of upper classmen, probably helped a TON). When you play multiple years, your flaws become more apparent. That's one reason Watson's skills get picked apart.

Don't forget, this is also perceived to be a down year for QBs in the draft.

BTW, there's NO WAY I'd take Trubisky in the 1st round.

Turbisky, first rounder? Ridiculous. Watson was the best quarterback we faced. NOBODY else was even close. Don't get me started on BK at Miami. That said, I am glad the whole shooting match is gone and we don't have to face them another year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Turbisky, first rounder? Ridiculous. Watson was the best quarterback we faced. NOBODY else was even close. Don't get me started on BK at Miami. That said, I am glad the whole shooting match is gone and we don't have to face them another year.

Was it 2 years ago that every pass Watson threw against Tech was into some of the smallest windows? Watson over kayya and turbisky every time imo.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yates was WAY more mechanically sound coming out than Trubisky and I still wouldn't pick Yates in the first 2 rounds even given hindsight.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Was it 2 years ago that every pass Watson threw against Tech was into some of the smallest windows? Watson over kayya and turbisky every time imo.
Exactly. Watson can make all the NFL throws. Now I'm not certain Watson will be an NFL star or an NFL starter period and I think this QB class is very weak but Trubisky does not have a 1st round ceiling. Watson is the only one with the clear potential of being a star and the only one worth the risk of even a Top 15 pick.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
WR Josh Malone of Tennessee is going pro also

That's great. I've been interested in who they have leaving early. Really want to win that game to set the season up and get ranked. Even if it is just inside the top 25. If we lose that game it takes us so damn long to move back up in the polls compared to say an SEC schools.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
That's great. I've been interested in who they have leaving early. Really want to win that game to set the season up and get ranked. Even if it is just inside the top 25. If we lose that game it takes us so damn long to move back up in the polls compared to say an SEC schools.
The only skill players coming back for Tennessee with playing experience are RB John Kelly,TE Ethan Wolf and WR Jauan Jennings.