Mack

Helluva Engineer
Have not paid that much attention to the recruiting except to hear how well we are doing,but hope like heck we get ton of DL guys.....cannot beliee we were about what 40 lighter than the OL for FSU..We will score bunch next year but if we want a repeat we need to stop folks.......do this and we can do well but we will not surpurise folks next year and we may be better than this year but not win as many games due to our foes.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
What I mean by reload is that there is very little drop off as you go down the depth chart. Just look at tOSU and their qb situation. Now that's a factory. It allows smooth transitions between years, it allows for injuries to starters, it allows for very liberal substitution in games. We don't have that, at least not across the board.

We were very fortunate at Bback that Days was able to step in when Laskey went down. I think we'd be ok at qb, too, with Byerly. However, we saw what happened when we lost a bunch of DL in the offseason and when Smelter went down. Aback was shaky against FSU w/o Snoddy and after Tony went down.

Next year we'll be deeper at OL, but thinner at every skill position other than qb. The D should be deeper at all positions, I think, which is great.

yeah i know what you mean, we will never reload like that. I do believe we have more quality depth than at any point previously in CPJ's time here and even more coming from the last years class and the upcoming one.

yeah i know what you mean, we will never reload like that. I do believe we have more quality depth than at any point previously in CPJ's time here and even more coming from the last years class and the upcoming one.
If we can continue our academic progress I would be willing to bet that the roster is only going to get better as long as the hill does its part.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I would like to see more freshman used in 2015. We will need all these experience if we're going to make a run at 2016.
Use the freshmen IF (big if) they are better than those they'd replace. End of Story regarding playing freshman. (This excludes playing them during "garbage time".)

Playing freshman early only means they will be so so much better when they are juniors and seniors. I understand every kid can't play but I wanna see other team loaded with seniors in a few years.