2016 Season Predictions

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is a given desire every year for every GT fan, but I hope we go in and stomp on UGA in Athens. Their schedule is a friggin cake wake. I think you could only conclude Kirby is a bad coach if he has a rough first season but not a good coach if he does well. Their toughest game is AT Ole miss and probably florida so hopefully McElwain makes Eason regret he chose UGA over UF. And even @ Ole miss may not be hard for them if the NCAA actually act fast and ole miss loses some people. Their schedule is built for a run into the playoffs, so it would be very enjoyable if we put a stop to that before they even made it to the SEC championship.

My main prediction I'd want to see for 2016 is our offense working like it should again. If that happens, I like our chances in any game, even ones we aren't supposed to win.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking back at our record last season and our recruiting classes in the past, it seems a little obvious why we struggled last year. Our 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes had only 17 and 14 recruits respectively. Our 2013 class only has 8 players still on the team. This fact along with the injuries we faced last year account for our struggles I believe. Because we lacked depth in our older recruiting classes, we were forced to play younger players which made it difficult to execute properly. Luckily for this year, our 2014 recruiting class signed 22 players, and most of these players will be experienced enough to significantly contribute this year. Additionally, our 2015 class is arguably our most talented and many of those players got good experience last year. I just hope our 2013 class doesn't continue to haunt us for the next couple years.

Scubapro

Banned
BC-W
Mercer-W
Vandy-W
Clemson-L
Miami-W
Pitt-W
GSU-W
Duke-W
UNC-W
VT-W
UVA-W
UGA-W

I dont see anyone we can't beat on our schedule but playing Clem n zon on a short week will be a tall order.
Also, the division will be decided when we play UNCheat
Smart will be exposed to be the fraud he is and the *** sniffers will be in meltdown mode by the time we pay them a visit.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Why we will be good: JT Senior year. Oline regroup with old and new coaching. B and A backs twice as effective as last year. Same with deep receiving corps. New D talent impressive ie A.J. Gray and some of the new DlINE .

Why we will not: Injuries again suck a position or two dry. Opponents build on their option defenses and we don't adjust. New coaches in Richt Bronco Smart find quick magic at new schools.

8 and 4. We lose one of the gimmees, one of Clemson and miami, pitt, and one more. Just let it not be ugly.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
I see us losing at least 4 games. Now if luck is on our side then we could be looking at a season like 2014, I just don't think we have enough maturity and chemistry like the 2014 team. The talent is definitely there for this years team though, it just depends on luck and chemistry.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no deep insight or valid reasons, but I look at the schedule and think about the team we have, and I'm going with 9-3. Yes, a complete reversal of last year's pain. Hope springs eternal #TogetherWeSwarm # THWG.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Alright gut reactions. This will change during Spring and then during Fall camps obviously.

9/3 at BC(Ireland) - Win
9/10 Mercer - Win
9/17 Vandy - Win
9/22 Clemson - Lose
10/1 Miami - Win
10/8 at Pitt - Lose
10/15 GSU - Win
BYE
10/29 Duke - Win
11/5 UNC - Lose
11/12 at VPISU - Lose
11/19 UVA - Win
11/26 at UGA - Win

Gut reaction puts us at 8-4 and 4-4 in conference putting us 3rd in Coastal.
I mean I'm not saying I called it but all I had switched was Miami and VT.....

also 4-4 in ACC put us 5th in coastal rather than 3rd.