2015 Spring Depth Chart

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This is my projection for how the depth chart will look at the end of next Spring...these are JMO.

1st team

QB - Justin Thomas
A Back - Broderick Snoddy
A Back - Dennis Andrews
B Back - CJ Leggett
WR - Michael Summers
WR - Ricky Jeune
LT - Bryan Chamberlain
LG - Trey Braun
C - Freddie Burden
RG - Gary Brown
RT - Errin Joe

- I know that I don't have Shamire listed as a starter...but I think we will get lot of first team reps at LG.

- I think a lot of Gary Brown as you can tell

- Errin Joe and Chris Griffin will have a good battle at T

1st team defense

* This is in a 4-3 defense...of course the LB and DB changes when were in a 4-2-5

WDE - KeShun Freeman
DT - Adam Gotsis
DT - Jabari Hunt Days
SDE - Pat Gamble
OLB - Tyler Marcordes
ILB - Anthony Harrell
OLB - PJ Davis
CB - DJ White
S - Jamal Golden
S - Demond Smith
CB - Chris Milton

- Pat could play inside at DT as well

2nd team offense

QB - Tim Byerly
A Back - Isaiah Willis
A Back - Clinton Lynch
B Back - Quaide Weimerskirch
WR - Antonio Messick
WR - Qua Searcy
LT - Eason Fromayan
LG - Shamire Devine
C - Andrew Marshall
RG - Nick Brigham
RT - Chris Griffin

- Wow...Trey Klock off the two deep.

- We have a deep OL.

- I see Law Austin as a A Back in the Spring

2nd team defense

WDE - Kenderius Whitehead
DT - Francis Kallon
DT - Kyle Henderson
SDE - Tyler Stargel
OLB - Beau Hankins
ILB - Tre Jackson
OLB - Terrell Lewis
CB - Step Durham
S - Corey Griffin
S - Noble
CB - Lance Austin

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Your DL (both 1st/2nd team) match mine exactly. I think having JHD as a starting-worthy DT is huge as it not only helps in the interior, but it potentially allows for Gamble to move outside to SSDE where he showed some promise in the second half of the season - especially important as nobody else seemed to be able to make in impact at that position. This is where Kyle Henderson getting a full spring will pay dividends as well - we'll need the bodies to form a DT rotation (please please please let the light come on for Kallon). Freeman/Whitehead will give us a formidable pass rush threat at all times, possibly even getting them both in on passing downs?

I like the looks of that 1st team defense a lot. Secondary looks solid with all the speed and experience returning. LBs got a lot of PT this year and Davis is a potential all-ACC guy. DL looks as legit as it has since '08 (not saying it's nearly as good as '08 obviously). To be quite honest, with the talent/experience we have returning on both the OL and DL + JT5, I'd venture to say this team might be the favorites in the ACC next season with Clemson/FSU losing a ton of guys.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Law looked too good on D, imo, to move. If one moves to the O, I'd guess Lance.

My guess is that Qua may move to Aback, and one of the TrFr WR will crack two deep.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
We look good talent and depth wise in every spot except for DL, mainly DT. Not exactly breaking news. Get beasts in the middle and everyone else on the defense looks better.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
How long do you think Thomas can hold off Byerly at the QB spot? I think Byerly's our best bet at QB long term...

Sorry, flashbacks to the 2014 depth chart discussions. Carry on.

There's no way Justin Thomas can make it through an entire season without getting hurt. Byerly will likely get tons of PT and will eventually take over as the starter.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
JT is great and should be the starter. He is getting better and better and is a very exciting player. That said, Byerly is also excellent running this offense. What a dilemma to have.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric- who do you think CJ Leggett best compares to at the BBack position? I re-watched his film today and he's got a ton of power in his legs- his body type and run style almost reminds me of a gurley moreso than anyone we've had lately

Also- do you think he can be a home-run threat? Or will he be more of the Sims/Laskey/Days build

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Nice post. I am excited about Brown and Joe working together on the line. Very excited.

On defense I will be curious to see the rotation of Whitehead, Freeman and Simmons. They all have similar abilities at rush end and each one, given the right breaks in a season, could put up big numbers of sacks and TFLs.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric- who do you think CJ Leggett best compares to at the BBack position? I re-watched his film today and he's got a ton of power in his legs- his body type and run style almost reminds me of a gurley moreso than anyone we've had lately

Also- do you think he can be a home-run threat? Or will he be more of the Sims/Laskey/Days build

Not really sure, I try to compare him to someone like Anthony Allen.

He is not really a home run threat in my eyes...he is a little quicker between the T's and has a little more wiggle than others but he doesn't have game breaker Dwyer speed.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Any chance Marcus Allen returns to the O as b-back? That is a position where ball security and experience are key and it also tends to have frequent injuries. Having a true freshman as the backup there concerns me.

If Kallon can be at least as good next year as Gamble was this year, that would really give us the depth desperately needed.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Qua IMO should be an AB or DB. What worries me about him is he seems like one of those very talented athletes that doesn't have a true position on the field. I think AB because I think he could do well with the ball in his hands and be a nice receiving threat but either way I think he may still be a year out.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Qua IMO should be an AB or DB. What worries me about him is he seems like one of those very talented athletes that doesn't have a true position on the field. I think AB because I think he could do well with the ball in his hands and be a nice receiving threat but either way I think he may still be a year out.

Fwiw, I was tipped off that he will likely be at WR in the Spring...think he can be a big play threat.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
JT is great and should be the starter. He is getting better and better and is a very exciting player. That said, Byerly is also excellent running this offense. What a dilemma to have.

What excites me is that we have Both the starting QB and the backup QB returning. Both will be more experienced and probably better running the offense than this year. Since I was more than happy with their performances this year... Sorry, I need to calm down, this year isn't over yet!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What's up with Mikell Lands-davis? I noticed his production dropped off this year and he played at other positions.

His tape never overwhelmed me.

I don't think his production dropped off too much this year...played well from what I have seen.

he played both ways because he is the best ATH on his team...played LB/SS on D...he played a little WR on O but mostly RB.

Here is Sr film...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1739998/highlights/204090387

our coaches love him.