2015 Offseason Haiku

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I just prefer limericks.;)

There was a sportstalker named Cheese
Who posted his humor to please
But little he knew
That the chuckles were few
And most readers just wished he would ... not try so hard or maybe stick to sports topics

Then there is AE 87
Whose posts come down as from heaven
Every girl, every boy
Reads what he writes with such joy
That they eat their Passover with leaven.

Of course, many, maybe most, will find the names reversed in these, but that's what makws gtswarm great, imo. Something for everyone.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There was a sportstalker named Cheese
Who posted his humor to please
But little he knew
That the chuckles were few
And most readers just wished he would ... not try so hard or maybe stick to sports topics

Then there is AE 87
Whose posts come down as from heaven
Every girl, every boy
Reads what he writes with such joy
That they eat their Passover with leaven.

Of course, many, maybe most, will find the names reversed in these, but that's what makws gtswarm great, imo. Something for everyone.
Not bad. Not bad at all.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
:( Just trying to relate to others who also think this has been the worst. offseason. ever.

I used to think the same way about this offseason. If how you feel about the offseason is only a reflection about missing football and waiting for the offseason to be over, every offseason is equally awful. Our favorite game is on hiatus and there is nothing to pass the time - especially in a year like 2015 when the Braves threw in the towel before opening day. . .

The offseason can be - and has been - much, much worse. Worst offseason ever for me? Pick-'em:

1992 - 2 years removed from the NC and CBR quits to go to the NFL and a dwag gets the helm.
1994 - awful in '93, and nothing big changed looking toward the 1994 season.
2002 - CGOL quits to go to ND.
2007 - Recriminations on what 2006 could have been.

So I have changed my mind. This was been the best. Offseason. Ever. The 2015 Offseason is how I want every offseason to be; great memories of the games just passed, great signing day, no major unexpected attrition, no coaching changes and eager anticipation for the games to come.

In 17 days from right now I will be in my car heading to Grant Field. Go Jackets!

EXCITED-GEORGIA-TECH-FAN.gif

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I used to think the same way about this offseason. If how you feel about the offseason is only a reflection about missing football and waiting for the offseason to be over, every offseason is equally awful. Our favorite game is on hiatus and there is nothing to pass the time

This. In all my years of being around GT football, the 2 greatest feats were achieved 1990 and 2014. Previously, I was always able to focus on other things. After the 1990 season, I was 20 years old and not currently enrolled, so there was much, much, to do to pass the time, such as drinking and chasing women. I didn't want the 2014 season to end after the way it finished, and as a result, this is the first time in my life I have followed the team and the boards through the offseason. So actually counting the days has been a painful first for me.

@DC Bee - the "No number 6" is part of a Monty Python sketch... and many users on TOS always skip "#6" when listing things.

Ah-ha! It's like there is no phase 2 with the Underpants Gnomes on Southpark. Thanks for letting me into the joke.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
After reading thru some new posts this morning, I think I see the facts behind one offseason storyline (all in fun)

A boy fell for a footballer, Brad
The thought of him made his heart glad
He called himself, Dottie
Said, "Brad's such a hottie!"
Now, he counts on support from his dad.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
After reading thru some new posts this morning, I think I see the facts behind one offseason storyline (all in fun)

A boy fell for a footballer, Brad
The thought of him made his heart glad
He called himself, Dottie
Said, "Brad's such a hottie!"
Now, he counts on support from his dad.
...nah, not gonna touch it.