2015-2016 Schedule

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haha, we are not invited to represent our conference and ppl are optimistic of our season. I commend your unbridled optimism.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haha, we are not invited to represent our conference and ppl are optimistic of our season. I commend your unbridled optimism.
Is it better to be miserable all year only to see BG kept as head coach through the 16-17 season? I've got low expectations, but this team should have a shot in a lot of these games. They've gotta prove themselves capable of closing this year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I almost posted the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cares enough to check the forum but still bewildered by the optimism.

Imo, playing and losing to ND close twice in the span of like 10 days deserves crazy props except we didn't beat BC and VPI like that kind of team.

I'm not miserable. I was a fan of GT when folks came to the games with bags on their heads. I was a fan of Tampa Bay Bucs starting in '76. You can be a fan and think that we've been given no reason for delusional optimism.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wouldn't call myself delusionally optimistic. I think our ceiling is the NIT. I also think we're not jettisoning BG any time soon, so at every turn that somebody wonders why I'm bothering being optimistic, I'm going to remind people they've probably got at least 2 more years of the current regime.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wouldn't call myself delusionally optimistic. I think our ceiling is the NIT. I also think we're not jettisoning BG any time soon, so at every turn that somebody wonders why I'm bothering being optimistic, I'm going to remind people they've probably got at least 2 more years of the current regime.

That has sort of been my point all along.. It is silly that anyone even needs to defend or validate why they are being optimistic on a fan site.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That has sort of been my point all along.. It is silly that anyone even needs to defend or validate why they are being optimistic on a fan site.

Well, nobody's asked anyone to defend or validate their optimism. In fact, it's been commended. Being optimistic and thinking it can be rationally defended or validated from what we've seen are two different things.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, nobody's asked anyone to defend or validate their optimism. In fact, it's been commended. Being optimistic and thinking it can be rationally defended or validated from what we've seen are two different things.

But those who are not optimistic are repeatedly told to go away and need to defend themselves when in reality either stance is equally meaningless.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Believe what you want to, but the wet-blankets that you keep tossing out has killed this board. There are like 3 people that post anymore.

Any time someone puts out something trying to generate interest or discuss as to why we should watch next season, it gets pissed all over and we are reminded what a poor coach we have.

If you need more evidence, just look at who the blanket was thrown at this time. dtm has never given the impression that he is anything but neutral on the staff and he had to remind you that he wasn't "delusionally optimistic".

There's not a soul on here that has given the impression in the last 12 months that this program is anything but struggling, and despite how you want to make it seem, no one has ever said that everyone should be happy go lucky and/or overly optimistic.

If you want a forum that allows you to piss and moan about the program, then have it, but I know that the people I've spoken with are sick of it and just don't come here anymore.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I welcome various points of view on our program. All of us will cheer and hope we are winners this year. But many of us have doubts about the coach and the overall direction of the program. But no one knows with certainty how our bball team will perform this year. No one guessed an 11-3 football season last year. That's why we all love Tech sports. Expect the unexpected.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I welcome various points of view on our program. All of us will cheer and hope we are winners this year. But many of us have doubts about the coach and the overall direction of the program. But no one knows with certainty how our bball team will perform this year. No one guessed an 11-3 football season last year. That's why we all love Tech sports. Expect the unexpected.

Well, I was close on last year's football (didn't call the bowl game but called toss-up on the ACC CG)

3-0
Aug. 30 WOFFORD
Sept. 6 at Tulane
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN​

3-1
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI
Oct. 11 DUKE
Oct. 18 at North Carolina​

3-0
Oct. 25 at Pitt
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA
Nov. 8 at NC State​

1-1
Nov. 15 CLEMSON
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia
10-2 reg season,
ACCCG = tossup

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I guess schedule is basically finalized at this point. NIT season tip off hasn't officially been announced, but that should be 3 games, then 9 other non conference games have been announced for our total of 12. ACC schedule should be announced sometime in August. Full non-conference schedule below:

Date Opponent (Conference)
Nov. 13 vs Cornell (Ivy)
Nov. 16 vs Tennessee
Nov. 26-29 vs NIT Season Tip Off?
Dec. 1 vs Wofford (SoCon)
Dec. 5 at Tulane (American)
Dec. 15 vs VCU (A-10)
Dec. 19 at Georgia (SEC)
Dec. 21 vs SE Louisiana (Southland)
Dec. 23 vs Colgate (Patriot)
Dec. 29 vs Duquesne (A-10)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN Bracket breakdown: NIT Season Tip-Off

Georgia Tech was fascinating to watch last season because it physically didn’t look like a typical ACC team. The Jackets resembled more of a loose collection of pick-up players who happened upon the same gym at the same time. Yet they competed in every game, coming ever so close to pulling off upsets at Duke (72-66) and at Notre Dame (83-76 in double overtime).

Tech lost 11 games by five points or fewer, but has upgraded its potential scoring by adding former Virginia Tech sharpshooter Adam Smith as a graduate transfer. Nick Jacobs, a transfer from Alabama, will also add some toughness to make up for the departure of Demarco Cox in the frontcourt.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Fluff piece. A completely distraught and apathetic fan base who desperately wants the entire coaching staff replaced is not spawned by a team that's "fascinating to watch."

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We don't have the fan base of the other schools, whether most of the major perennial teams in ACC Hoops or $EC Foots.(now that obvious statement was brought to you by the countless previous posts on all four major site boards).

So when we have a drought with losing seasons or mediocre ones going nowhere, the interest wanes like when a continual bully seizes control over a nerdy kid constantly.

Let the Basketball Program start winning consistently and the posters will come back.

I.E.: Football reaches double-digit wins, recruiting became the hot topic again. Brad Stewart, Vic Alexander might have had more pages than the 2014-15 Cagers combined!