2014 uniforms

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
NCAA rules or not. I looked again and you are still wrong mac. We have worn white pants n navy tops, white pants and gold tops, white jerseys with gold numbers, white jerseys with navy numbers, even wore mustard apparently. Gold pants black tops. Etc etc... We may have seen many variations through the years / eras.

You like what I like most. Gold pants, white jersey, gold hat. You prefer 70 eras stripes. I'm fine with those and would be fine with no stripes.

What surprises me, and probly shouldn't, is the fact that some are getting exactly what they have been sobbing for...and yet still cry and moan about our unis.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
NCAA rules or not. I looked again and you are still wrong mac. We have worn white pants n navy tops, white pants and gold tops, white jerseys with gold numbers, white jerseys with navy numbers, even wore mustard apparently. Gold pants black tops. Etc etc... We may have seen many variations through the years / eras.

You like what I like most. Gold pants, white jersey, gold hat. You prefer 70 eras stripes. I'm fine with those and would be fine with no stripes.

What surprises me, and probly shouldn't, is the fact that some are getting exactly what they have been sobbing for...and yet still cry and moan about our unis.

If Tech wears what is showing up on the posters and computer graphics, you will not hear anything but 'Praise the Lord' from me.:)

Mack

Helluva Engineer

I think if you look again you would find that the number scheme has been the same for a long long time.The stripes on the pants no matter what era except the pJ one was the same..........the gold hats except for one yr with Dodd and four with Carson has been a standard even though Pepper and Fulcher put a stripe in the middle.Now my take on traditional is ...........a uniform that has not radically changed and with exception of the color tops of Bud and the gold tops of Chan we have been pretty consistent......I do like what you like but would like the tech unis we wore as away jerseys under Chan and would like little darker gold on the pants but...........................sure hope we get what is on the blog.NOW I hope you dont put me in the group that is not satisfied with this throwback Vt uniform............nope like this one and if we adopt it I am finally satisfied that somebody with sense has come to the aid of the AD..Anything (maybe not anything)but what we have been wearing the past six years is okay.I know young lads have no clue about who Dodd was and some think those that do like Dodd are ancient but somewhere a compromise should have been enacted...Simple solution!You have six or seven home games and you have won two NC so use those unis for two games and come up with something other than the World Football League for the others.......not hard to do.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
no more...
oregonunibubblewrap.jpg

That's awesome.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Winning does seem to cut down the number of uniform threads. :)
Maybe we win more and ..........complain less....who knows but the last seven years have been awful tradition wise.........Dont want to be Maryland of the East or Oregon....not kool at all.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
White and Gold (maybe with a touch of Navy Blue) = good. Red and Black (along with any silvery grey) = Bad.

Besides that I could care less. I can't explain why. I mean, I was as proud as any person on the planet to wear my dress blues, and yes, they are the best uniform of all the services by far. It is just that, as a player, I have worn so many different unis over the years, some decent, some hideous, that I have become numb. To be truthful, it is about the battle, not the garments. I didn't care too much what I looked like when I was crawling through the mud and cutting through barbed wire with bullets flying by. My working clothes were designed not to be seen at all and I was a disgusting muddy, sweaty, and smelly mess anyway. Lets be concerned with how they dress off the field, but when we play / battle, just come out on top. If that happens, anything from a burlap sack to the Oregon scheme is fine with me.
No greater fun than wearing the Dress Blues with the White cap or the USAF Blue Beret since they signify you have passed the test.Once in the Air Guard we were victims of USAF Chief of Staff McPeak who wanted us to wear blue class A unis with NAVY stripes and NO name plates.Many took unis in for alteration that cost couple of hundered bucks..........next Chief of Staff would not wear the uni and we didnt either and thank God they went back to the old one.IN my Corp years the uni stood for the elite.Plain and simple and todays unis at Tech just fog up my mind.Tech was the trend setter for unis........folks forget that the first team to wear numbers on the shoulders was TECH........WEll I agree with your opinion and hope we are decent looking this year but again the uni represents something.Hell I still have three starched sets of BDUS with Eagles on them and I have been retired six years !

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ugh I hate those helmets. And I love buzz but never want to see the GT replaced on our helmets....now I'm the fuddy duddy of the thread