2014 uniforms

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Sorry Cheese, I posted it from my phone so the picture may not show up well. All I can tell is that the shoulder has 2 horizontal navy stripes and one gold stripe in between the navy stripes. I don't think there is anything under the arm. The gold is also a little darker than the "mustard color" from last years unis against VT. If I had to guess, the names will be on the back of the jerseys and the pants will match the shoulder stripe, and may have a couple of navy stripes that match the two on the jersey similar to pants from the chan era, or they may just be solid gold. Either way I think it will be good.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I wish we would make an attempt to identify more with the city of Atlanta. A nice "ATL" or "404" right below the collar would be awesome. We should be doing everything possible to represent the city and make it known that it's our turf. It would resonate big time with out-of-state kids.

That's got some potential. But this is from someone who's had a 404 zip for most of his life. :)

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry Cheese, I posted it from my phone so the picture may not show up well. All I can tell is that the shoulder has 2 horizontal navy stripes and one gold stripe in between the navy stripes. I don't think there is anything under the arm. The gold is also a little darker than the "mustard color" from last years unis against VT. If I had to guess, the names will be on the back of the jerseys and the pants will match the shoulder stripe, and may have a couple of navy stripes that match the two on the jersey similar to pants from the chan era, or they may just be solid gold. Either way I think it will be good.
I think these are the same as the VT throwbacks. If they improved the gold, that would be great. I'm a huge fan of this design. Does anyone know why the OL have a different number of stripes on the arms?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Not sewn on. You may be able to buy them sewn on, which would be odd, but it isn't used anymore in D1 football. That's old school and pointless. View attachment 268View attachment 269

Sorry to break it to you but the numbers are stitched on

alabama-football-uniforms.jpg

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Look at how much better they look than the cheesy crap Miami has.
Ok so MOST of us are in agreement that these unis are the way to go. Id love to see a picture of all the unis(home,away,alternate) side by side. I guess its just me... But I REALLY liked the picture GTMAN posted of what he created on some NIKE website. I dont see anybody taking issue with those. What say yall?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Not sewn on. You may be able to buy them sewn on, which would be odd, but it isn't used anymore in D1 football. That's old school and pointless.

All 3 examples have stitched on numbers. Google high res photos (bama, UF, and if you must UGA) and zoom in or just look at @Ibeeballin post above . Conversely the GT uniforms from the VPI game uniform look to be printed as they are shiny. The new ones with the 3 stripe shoulder have stitched numbers. EVERYONE in D1 football has stitched numbers, it's a durability thing

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok so MOST of us are in agreement that these unis are the way to go. Id love to see a picture of all the unis(home,away,alternate) side by side. I guess its just me... But I REALLY liked the picture GTMAN posted of what he created on some NIKE website. I dont see anybody taking issue with those. What say yall?

I like them all. I'm a minimalist when it comes to football uniforms, I don't like to uniforms looking like billboards or rollerball unis. I bet if Russell will make identical replicas of these jerseys they will sell a ton of them. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
j0jw29.jpg

I realize these are Nike (used Nike template) but I mocked up a few ideas a while ago and sent them to the AD. Never hurts :)
Good job.......of course like the old ones under Dodd but your examples are spot on !

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
All 3 examples have stitched on numbers. Google high res photos (bama, UF, and if you must UGA) and zoom in or just look at @Ibeeballin post above . Conversely the GT uniforms from the VPI game uniform look to be printed as they are shiny. The new ones with the 3 stripe shoulder have stitched numbers. EVERYONE in D1 football has stitched numbers, it's a durability thing

You're right. Many do seem to be stitched on if not all, they've thinned the stitching down a lot it seems because it's really hard to see if you don't find a picture that is really up close. Nike is using "fly wire" on their new (last year new) NFL jerseys that makes stitching strong without having to be multiple layers in thickness. I still don't see the point, but I guess it would eventually get worn if it was just pressed on or put on chemically.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I didn't like any of them except the first one. Also, I don't like when we use white helmets. I'd give an exception for the white out game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Check the GT poster in p1 of this thread. That shoulda been the end of the mystery here. Jerseys, pants, and helmets are shown. Those are our unis this year.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Check the GT poster in p1 of this thread. That shoulda been the end of the mystery here. Jerseys, pants, and helmets are shown. Those are our unis this year.
Actually if you look really closely the shoulder is slightly different, or looks different to me, on the ones from media day. There is an extra navy stripe and the gold at least appears to be a slightly darker gold. Hopefully the pants will be the same though, matching golds up of course (which Russell never does).

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't like any of them except the first one. Also, I don't like when we use white helmets. I'd give an exception for the white out game.

I actually agree with you. When I was designing these, there were folks asking me to add other options so I obliged. The white helmets would be sick if we did a white out.

zk5mqg.jpg

Last edited: