2014 Clemson vs GT

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Just watched the game again and tried to takaway some positives; Although the defense outshined the offense and I know Watson got knocked out of the game ; I could not help but notice the difference of how effective a good passing attack can complement the rest of our offense ; Smelter was a beast at wide out; Clemson could not cover him and the timely passing of JT over the middle to Zenon kept Clemson on their heels; This was a great called game by CPJ; Days ran the ball with authority up the middle and off tackle; Jt had some good reads on the option ;CPJ needs to brush off that game tape and implement it

northgajacket

Banned
Just watched the game again and tried to takaway some positives; Although the defense outshined the offense and I know Watson got knocked out of the game ; I could not help but notice the difference of how effective a good passing attack can complement the rest of our offense ; Smelter was a beast at wide out; Clemson could not cover him and the timely passing of JT over the middle to Zenon kept Clemson on their heels; This was a great called game by CPJ; Days ran the ball with authority up the middle and off tackle; Jt had some good reads on the option ;CPJ needs to brush off that game tape and implement it

Problem is none of those guys are with the program anymore.

Deleted member 2897

If you go back and watch the 2016 game (video analysis by Longestdays is up on the football board), you'll see a ton of misreads by the QB and several missed assignments or feeble attempts at blocks. If we clean that up even just a medium amount, we can be much more competitive.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

The gap between GT and CU right now has far more to do with CU as a program. 2014 was before CU had really turned that corner.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
The gap between GT and CU right now has far more to do with CU as a program. 2014 was before CU had really turned that corner.

Meh. Clemson was a monster then as well. That roster was loaded with pro talent just like now. They had the best D in the country led by Beasley and Jarret on the line. The only thing they lacked that year was qb play or that would have been a championship level team.

The gap is all about our regressions as a program.

Meh. Clemson was a monster then as well. That roster was loaded with pro talent just like now. They had the best D in the country led by Beasley and Jarret on the line. The only thing they lacked that year was qb play or that would have been a championship level team.

The gap is all about our regressions as a program.
Everybody always mentions how Clemson's losing Watson affected the game, and it did up to a point. But Watson wasn't on that "best D in the country" that couldn't stop the Jackets.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Everybody always mentions how Clemson's losing Watson affected the game, and it did up to a point. But Watson wasn't on that "best D in the country" that couldn't stop the Jackets.

Exactly, which shows how good we were (atleast on O) that year. I guess the stars aligned? I don’t know. All I know is, we’re in danger of missing a bowl 3 out of the last 4 years since that magical season and that is really wack.

That D did a better job than anyone else we played stopping us. We scored 14 pts off of 2 pick-6 TDs to win.

Our O was solid that day but not 2014-Orange-Bowl-awesome. Our D had its best game of the 2014 season that day.

2011. Clemson number 5 in the Nation. Loaded with NFL talent. We were coming off 2 losses and I think our talent now is better than that team. We smoked em. When you play a really good team you have to execute and not make mistakes. Like in 2015 when we intercept that Clemson pass, our defender starts to run it out of the end zone and our own man hits him and causes a fumble and safety.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
That D did a better job than anyone else we played stopping us. We scored 14 pts off of 2 pick-6 TDs to win.

Our O was solid that day but not 2014-Orange-Bowl-awesome. Our D had its best game of the 2014 season that day.

Agreed, our D definitely helped the O that game.

It took some time for Watson to establish himself in ‘14, then the injury happened. Very easily could’ve beat UGA and us had Watson been the guy from snap 1 to season’s end. Clemson and the rest of the country didn’t know how good they could’ve been that year.

Even still, we were rolling in 2014. That was a really fun season that feels further and further away.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Couldn't stop the Jackets? We scored 1 offensive TD that game. A huge reason we won the game was two defensive scores off the back up and Clemson's inability to score, both of which are directly on the back of Watson going out.