2014 ACC Coastal Champs

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
CNJ8if2.gif

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Aww. I notice they were still nervous as hell even after that score. I realized in the second half that Duke wasn't going to put it together, but what a tense experience.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hoped the season would turn out this way - with the murmur in Athens ( who are these guys from gt) growing to a fervor pitch. I hoped but this team has done it. Them against all kinds of odds. They have played and been coached with a "chip on their shoulder."

In Texas for family stuff so uga is out, but won't miss charlotte and bowl ( JHD will set the tone for next year.)

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
We came a long way from being one play away from losing to Ga. Southern!!!

No disrespect, I agree that the team has improved a bunch, and I'm new here. But Georgia Southern is a hell for leather outfit with IMO the meanest playbook in the country. Beating those guys in a close one was never anything to be ashamed of. I haven't seen a schedule for 2015 but I hope GaSo isn't on it.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting note: FSU's current winning streak started with their win against GT in the 2012 ACCCG.
Interesting note: FSU's current winning streak started with their win against GT in the 2012 ACCCG.

Time for us to end it.

Last edited:

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
No disrespect, I agree that the team has improved a bunch, and I'm new here. But Georgia Southern is a hell for leather outfit with IMO the meanest playbook in the country. Beating those guys in a close one was never anything to be ashamed of. I haven't seen a schedule for 2015 but I hope GaSo isn't on it.

People seem to forget that they beat Florida a year ago.

We came a long way from being one play away from losing to Ga. Southern!!!
This is true, but what is also true is they worked hard, improved, hit some snags, went back to work, improved. Then ripped off four ACC wins in a row , an especially gutsy one against Clemson, to put up six wins and say "shoot at this." With the balance in the Coastal today, six of 8 ain't half bad.