2013 Signee Review - Harrison Butker

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Signee - Harrison Butker
Position - K
Offers - Georgia Tech, Boston College, Duke and Cincy
Committed - 6/6/2012

Looking back - Have not seen his official Senior stats yet...But I know his Junior year he made 16/17 field goals and majority of the field goals were from 40 yards+. His only miss was a 59 yard attempt that was close. Butker has a very strong leg and in order to get ready for college he elected to not use a tee in high school. Regarded as one of the top kickers in the natoin. He also played soccer as most kickers do.

Looking ahead - If there is one signee in the 2013 class that I expect to make a impact this Fall it is Harrison Butker. Kickers are hard to evaluate but I feel that Georgia Tech has landed a stud in Harrison. Him not using a tee in high school will make his transition to college a lot easier. I think he will come in and win the starting job this year as the kicker..But that is not the only thing he is good at. Butker is also great on kickoffs which is another huge area that Georgia Tech needed to fix. He will also compete for the punting job...Really huge fan of this guy. I expect him to be the starting kicker this season as well as kickoff.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He played a school close to where I live and the radio announcer said that the kickoff return team shouldn't even go on the field when he's kicking off. He said it was goin out the back of the end zone each time.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
GTonTop88 said:
He likes to hang his foot in the air after FGs, I guess to try and draw a roughing the kicker. I wonder it that's legal?

That's not to draw a penalty.

It's a technique that's used by a lot of kickers but his just happens to be more definite I should say.