2000/1000 Justin Thomas

thwgjacket

I did not realize how close JeT got to the 2000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing club this year. He was less than 300 passing yards shy. That would have been incredible because I am pretty sure less than 10 QB's in college football history have ever accomplished the feat. And he's a Sophomore.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't happen a lot, but it's more common than you think it is. Lots of spread teams run read option concepts these days because of the all dual threat QBs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Jordan Lynch almost had 3000/2000 in 2013. I wonder if there's a way to calculate yards/carry and yards/att for quarterbacks historically. 9.2/5.72 has to be pretty good, I'd think.

thwgjacket

It doesn't happen a lot, but it's more common than you think it is. Lots of spread teams run read option concepts these days because of the all dual threat QBs.
Cam Newton was the 8th in FBS history according to ESPN. Lynch would be 9, Denard Robinson is 10. You're right, there are about 10 total I think but all have been recent. The list is at the bottom minus Newton, Robinson and Lynch. Pat White never did it, I thought he would be one.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=15011&src=desktop

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cam Newton was the 8th in FBS history according to ESPN. Lynch would be 9, Denard Robinson is 10. You're right, there are about 10 total I think but all have been recent. The list is at the bottom minus Newton, Robinson and Lynch. Pat White never did it, I thought he would be one.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=15011&src=desktop

Article is from 2010. Since then Manziel has done it (2011 - 3700/1400), Jordan Lynch (as AE87 points out) twice in 2012 & 2013, Cody Faijardo (Nevada) in 2012 & 2014...I'm sure there are others but I didn't want to spend too much time on it.

Dak Prescott & JT Barrett both missed in 2014 with less than 70 yards rushing both.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, that would be quite an accomplishment for Justin Thomas. Hope he gets there in the next two years. With the amount of players we lose this year at WR and AB, I doubt we will see him break it in 2015. Our top 4 receivers from last year are gone (Smelter, Waller, Hill, Zenon) and our leading returning receiver is Snoddy with 100 yards. I'd be happy with a 1500/1500 season :)(y)