2 Thursday night home games in 2015???

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don't live in Atlanta or anywhere nearby, I don't donate a ton to the Institute, but c'mon man give me a break. I'm as passionate a fan as anyone and I really like heading to Atlanta for Saturday football games. I fly into town for the games and up to this past year I always bummed extra tickets from my friends but last year I got season tickets for the first time. I finally bought season tickets, love my seats and am dying for football season to start again. Now a third of the games are on Thurs night and I just can't take off 2 days work to go to football games. If the below is true, this really sucks for me. Please tell me I'm having a bad dream. I know the Thurs night games are cool, but I still do actually have to work for a living.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/football/article_3d5b95a8-2e6f-55d8-84ad-ecf7e477ce8c.html

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm like Eric, it all depends who the opponent is the Saturday before. We'll just have to see. And of course, it works both way depending who the chokies have the week before, espcially since they have to travel ;)

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
So...VT requests a Thursday night home game & don't get one. We request not to have any Thursday home games & we get one. WTH!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What year was that we played three teams in a ridiculously short period of time? All I remember was that it involved squeezing in a Thursday game.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited to see the schedule released tomorrow...I'm afraid there is no way it will be as good as last year..just hope we don't get screwed as usual

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Idc when we play va tech this year. I am confident we will beat them. They're offense is just so bad and I don't see them making huge strides in one year in that department

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
The opener on a Thursday is OK, but in general Thursday night games are not worth the trouble and inconvenience now that there are a ton of competing games including the stupid NFL. It was fun back when it was special. Not any more. DISLIKE.

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish that out out of conference games would be harder. I know that we don't play the strongest out of conference teams. I am going to count Notre Dame as an ACC team.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
They'll give us both a bye before it. Which is enfuriating b/c VT obviously keeps requesting and more often than not gets extra prep time the week before they play us. I think they got it 3 years in a row from '10-'12. Looks like they get it again.

They had BETTER give us a bye the week before it. There's absolutely no excuse for not doing so. But knowing Swofford and the Triad Mafia, I'm not holding my breath. I'm with most of the rest of you though. The Alcorn State game on a Thursday is fine with me, because that beats a noon game in the September heat. But I HATE having any other home games on Thursdays, and two in one year is absurd.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If we EVER schedule a Friday night home game, we are going to take a PR hit that very few can imagine the consequences of.

Based on our past.... Dear God.