2/2/22 Jackets Face Hokies on the Road

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
On the road for the first time in 18 days. We travel to Blacksburg, Va., Wednesday for a 9 PM game televised on the ACCN.
At least turn on the "TV" of streaming device to get ratings up so that the ACCN stays on various services.

Winner of this game stays out of last place.

This game starts our road slog as 7 of our last 11 games are on the road.

Need the effort and execution we saw against FSU so that we can get the W.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
On the road for the first time in 18 days. We travel to Blacksburg, Va., Wednesday for a 9 PM game televised on the ACCN.
At least turn on the "TV" of streaming device to get ratings up so that the ACCN stays on various services.

Winner of this game stays out of last place.

This game starts our road slog as 7 of our last 11 games are on the road.

Need the effort and execution we saw against FSU so that we can get the W.
Not sure why the ESPN matchup predictor has VT at a 91.5% probability to win.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
These guys also beat Florida State. I remember Hamilton talking about how the loss to GT was going to hurt its resume for the NCAAT. I think now we realize he just has a bad team.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Given our normal performance to date this year (especially on the road) I am baffled as to why you are skeptical.
More about VT performance- Not all that great either- they lost on the road to BC. I think it should be more like VT with 65%. Game should be competitive.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Like most of our games going forward and if we can make our outside shots we'll have a good chance to win. This team is built around the ability to hit the three and we have a number of young guns that could hit their stride at any moment and really turn the offense into something fun to watch.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Tonight will be an interesting matchup.
Aluma is a really skilled big who presents unique matchup challenges. Howard can handle him on the block, but not sure he can matchup with him at the elbow or on the perimeter. Don't think Meka or Saba is ready, so will see how CJP aligns defensively to limit his looks.
If we over-focus on Keve, they have shooters that can bomb away. They take about 20 threes per game. Catoor shoots 50% from 3 and takes a lot of them. Went 9-11 against FSU last game. Alleyne & Murphy are both upper 30% range and willing to fire any time. Pedulla off the bench can shoot (64%, small sample size) and so can Maddox (48%, small sample size)
Mutts is their jack of all trades and is a wild card. Not a big guy, but leads them in rebounding and has a nose for teh ball. Plays tough D and can also score.
I would expect them to have Mutts on Usher or Devoe. Need Jordan to keep playing the way he has been (high energy, attacking the rim) and for someone else to step up as the third option so Mike gets some breathing room on offense. If it's a two man show, we will struggle, but if someone else can make them pay attention, I think we can take this one.