1990 was a great year

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
I was watching the 1990 season recap in ACCN and even though I wasn’t alive, my dad was a student there during the time, we have a ton of the tapes and I watch the GT UVA game on tape every year before the season starts, that 1990 team has not been forgotten, 32 years later. I what this 2022 team to be remembered as well, I know it sounds impossible, but it’s not, you guys were talking about how loud BDS has been, WE made it that loud, the fans, the least we can do this year is make it that loud again, BDS better be rocking for all 5 games in it, be crazy, be loud, get excited, cuz by the ole miss games, Tech fans will be fighting to get into BDS, bug season this year (you heard it hear first) 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 GO JACKETS AND THWG!!!

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
I was watching the 1990 season recap in ACCN and even though I wasn’t alive, my dad was a student there during the time, we have a ton of the tapes and I watch the GT UVA game on tape every year before the season starts, that 1990 team has not been forgotten, 32 years later. I what this 2022 team to be remembered as well, I know it sounds impossible, but it’s not, you guys were talking about how loud BDS has been, WE made it that loud, the fans, the least we can do this year is make it that loud again, BDS better be rocking for all 5 games in it, be crazy, be loud, get excited, cuz by the ole miss games, Tech fans will be fighting to get into BDS, bug season this year (you heard it hear first) 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 GO JACKETS AND THWG!!!
*big season this year

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1990 is when my love for GT sports began. National Championship (football) and Final Four (basketball) for us. Little did I know as a kid how rare of an occurrence that is for any school...not just GT, but especially rare for a school like GT. Been chasing that dragon ever since...

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
This season feels better because it can go two directions.

1. 6 or more wins, a bowl game, and Geoff saves his job for at least another year. Good improvement to build off of in 23.

2. Collins gets fired and we have the hope of starting over with a fresh start.

Either way... SOMETHING will happen this season.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
1990 is when my love for GT sports began. National Championship (football) and Final Four (basketball) for us. Little did I know as a kid how rare of an occurrence that is for any school...not just GT, but especially rare for a school like GT. Been chasing that dragon ever since...

Similar for me. I had been going to GT games since 1982. I don't remember many specifics prior to the All-American Bowl and the ACC tournament in 1985...but I remember some things from even early on. I remember my mom drawing horns, a mustache, and a tail on a picture of Bill Curry holding me and my sister at fan day in the mid-1980s. And even as a kid, I knew the reason why. During that time frame, I knew that I loved Tech, and always cheered for the White and Gold, but didn't really understand as much about the games of football and basketball.

As I became a pre-teen, however, I started to understand the games a bit more. And right about that time, the 1990 season rolled around. I still have a million vivid memories of that year. I still remember Kevin Tisdel returning kickoffs and punts for TDs. I remember Shawn Jones and William Bell doing superhuman things in Friedgen's ridiculous offense. I remember Ken Swilling and the defense playing lights-out. I remember watching the UVA and the UNC tie game on TV. I remember sitting in our Orlando hotel, watching the phantom clipping call against Rocket Ismail.

I remember Lethal Weapon 3. I remember Bobby Cremins Day at the Thrillerdome that year (with half the student section showing up in khakis, blue blazers, gold ties, and baby powder in their hair). I remember how my sister's favorite player was Dennis Scott, and mine was Kenny Anderson. I remember staying at the hotel in New Orleans with the team, going to the buffet, and looking to my right and seeing someone's THIGH next to my head (it was James "Mad Dog" Munlyn - I was short, and damn, the guy was tall...and awesome with 2 kid GT fans, too). I remember the LSU game, and Brian Oliver swatting away Shaq's shots. I remember THE shot, and how the Superdome erupted.

It was a downright magical time. And while it didn't make me a Georgia Tech fan (I was born into that), it solidified my love for those teams and their programs.

I'm hopeful we'll see another one of those years.