15 Thoughts: The Sum of All Fears

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Actually a good and 'fair" write up from his (assume Dave is a guy) perspective.

Liked the " I don't know if even having Todd Gurley back there would've made that much of a difference" comment. :) tip of the hat to the young men on the D side of the ball.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Great read on my flight this morning. The article and comments were not as dismissive of Tech as I anticipated. To be expected there are still fans that think their team lost the game rather than giving the opposition credit.

This comment will warm the hearts of Tech fans who have felt the exact same feeling during many UGA games past:
Back to Back Seasons with Two Devastating Losses in Games We Had Won

Last year it was the Auburn game. This year it was Tech. I was not at the Auburn game but watched it on TV. I was in Sanford Stadium for Tech this year. That was one of the worst losses I’ve ever seen in person. Oh, there have been other horrible losses where we got blown out or tried to come back and couldn’t win. But this ranks up there with the LSU game where the phantom AJ Green penalty was called or the 2008 Alabama game where we got blown out in the first half, tried to come back but it was too little too late. This one was just unbelievable. I went from feeling complete relief after we scored the go-ahead touchdown, to serious worry after the short kickoff to disbelief when we let them get in long field goal position and they somehow made it. I knew there was no way they were going to make it, but I saw the Tech kicker come on the field and he just looked completely loose and relaxed (at a distance) and a small voice in my head said, he’s got a chance (but I still thought he would miss). Then agony when he made it and more agony in OT when Tech scored. Then, I thought we were going to somehow find a way when we blocked the extra point in overtime. Then, just numbness at the INT.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Great read on my flight this morning. The article and comments were not as dismissive of Tech as I anticipated. To be expected there are still fans that think their team lost the game rather than giving the opposition credit.

This comment will warm the hearts of Tech fans who have felt the exact same feeling during many UGA games past:

Haha, I came here to post the same thing! Warms the cockles of my heart.