12 foundation pillars

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Those 12 foundation pillars work well in the technical/ business world as well and would be great lessons for SAs to take away from football to apply on the job after graduation. Coach Johnson has well thought out his management role as a head coach. Over 50 years ago my HS coach taught us the following game winning axioms which I remember to this day:
Team that makes the fewest mistakes... wins
Press the kicking game; that is where most mistakes are made
Play for and make the breaks; when one comes your way.. score
Follow the ball and gang tackle
Head up, feet wide, and play to and then through your opponent
Keep your poise: play on past your mistakes
If an opponent directs his attack at you, take it as a challenge...and accept the challenge
Stay under full speed until the whistle blows
The team that won't be beat...can't be beat!
Surprising how little the fundamentals of the game have changed over the last 5 decades.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I remember the 12 pillars from tweets. I'm glad someone took the tie to consolidate and write an article on it. I feel like these pillars are important in all aspects of leadership and development.

My dad is currently an instructor and curriculum writer for leadership and development in the Air Force. I made sure to pass this along to him so thanks for sharing!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Reading some of his illustrations of these 12 points makes me want to apply the info they reveal retrospectively to try and gain a better understanding of the CPJ tenure at Tech.

I think many or most Tech fans over the last 4-5 years have not been impressed when CPJ stuck to a consistent message of "go back and look at the stats and the records" of his career as a head coach, or his "I am a big picture" and "total resume" type guy. Raw Won-Loss record and against which teams is usually decisive for a fan. Besides that people are generally inclined to dwell and build opinions mostly based on very recent results, in part because memory typically fades. This is true to a hyper degree for a "fan."

Remember the thread Eric started after the loss to UNC on what we Swarmers thought of CPJ? By the calendar that was really not that long ago.