12/2 - MBB vs. Duke — HOW BOUT THEM JACKETS!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Great win. Ndongo played great and we really punished them when Young was in there. His and George's connection is great. Said before the season that whether he was ready to play or not would be a big factor in how well we did this year, and tonight he was great. I'm sure teams will adjust to the lobs and probably force George to prove himself more shooting going forward but it was great today. Defense was for the most part great. Helped by Proctor getting injured early but hurt by our offense turning it over.

Shooting started out on fire going 4-4 which was a big boost to us and allowed us to never have a ton of pressure on us for most of the game. But we went just 3-19 the rest of the way. In general our offense seems to force a lot of things that led to both quick shots and turnovers. Going foreword I'd like to see us rely less on just individual play or shots off one pass with a defender. We can make those, but I'd feel better if we could work the ball around leading to in rhythm threes for some of our shooters.

Anyways, **** duke. Great win.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Again I ask you ladies… have we found our starting lineup?
1. What does it matter that we have a “starting” lineup.
2. It is likely game dependent and how long any player plays likely depends on how they play.
3. Kelly, Reeves are locks. George and Nodongo are likely starters for most games.
4. The 5th starter likely up in the air

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
1. What does it matter that we have a “starting” lineup.
2. It is likely game dependent and how long any player plays likely depends on how they play.
3. Kelly, Reeves are locks. George and Nodongo are likely starters for most games.
4. The 5th starter likely up in the air
Dude, I bet you’re the life of a party. Ha!

Just celebrating, my man. They can play five cheerleaders if we win.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Duke is a scheyll of itself without Coach K. They're overrated and not worth that #7 ranking. None of their players will make All ACC or be an NBA pick. (<-- sarcasm for those that aren't versed in sarcasm)

Now that we got the excuses out of the way...

What a back to back win for this program. I wasn't at this game, but that atmosphere looked like the old GT basketball games. Electric.

What a game for Ndongo's coming out party. Can you guys tell Stoudamire is letting the young guys grow in the fire?! Didn't pull the freshmen when things got tense or to close the final seconds.

A lot to say, but man, what a great early signature win for Stoudamire and this team.

BTW. F&%K Filipowski. The way he threw down Kelly to end the game is what someone who thinks they're better than you does. Kelly responded with two daggers at the free throw line.

Go Jackets!
Filipowski seems to be the next fussy, crybaby Duke punk in the long line of fussy, crybaby Duke punks. Bush league BS… I agree.

CDS has to be thrilled with our maturity and composure. I know I am. We had opportunities to fold late. Huge pressure for young players and they responded beautifully.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The way Miles drilled his game closing FTs was clutch. Flipper can go hit the shower, but won’t soon wash the stink off for him throwing down Kelly. Was surprised they didn’t give him a flagrant 1.

Good guys won, and most importantly deserved it.