12/2 - MBB vs. Duke — HOW BOUT THEM JACKETS!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Tech has yet to establish an identity for this team. And things are probably still evolving. I doubt this game will look at all like the Miss State game.

Curious what others think will be the identity of this team as we get deep into the season.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech has yet to establish an identity for this team. And things are probably still evolving. I doubt this game will look at all like the Miss State game.

Curious what others think will be the identity of this team as we get deep into the season.
Good post. I think we will see a lot of ups and downs with this team, until mid to late in the year. A blowout or two may occur until the "evolution" settles.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Good post. I think we will see a lot of ups and downs with this team, until mid to late in the year. A blowout or two may occur until the "evolution" settles.
Any “premature” thoughts?

I just wonder if the identity will be rock solid defense? Three point shooting? Offensive rebounding and second chances? Running the floor?

We don’t have the pieces to do all these well but my assumption, which may be faulty, is that we will eventually find what we are best at and develop that as our identity, style of play.

Just curious what the basketball minds on here think.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Any “premature” thoughts?

I just wonder if the identity will be rock solid defense? Three point shooting? Offensive rebounding and second chances? Running the floor?

We don’t have the pieces to do all these well but my assumption, which may be faulty, is that we will eventually find what we are best at and develop that as our identity, style of play.

Just curious what the basketball minds on here think.
To me, IMHO, ..we have some very athletic, talented players. However, that doesn't neccesarily make a good team. Finding enough playing time for so many players is difficult. I think in the 1st few games he played everyone to get an evaluation of their potential. Now we are seeing a liitle more playing time for some, less for others. When this settles down I believe we are a middle of the pack ACC team, with huge upside next year. But sitting on the bench when you think you should be "the man" may cause some unhappiness and discort. We'll see. Like I said, IMHO.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We are chock full of shooters and now have identified a youthful PG with great court vision. I think we are going to continue taking 30 3PAs a game. We'll get a lot of offensive rebounds and second chances too, because that's what happens when you are launching lots of 3s. Sacko has been a stud on the defensive end but I don't think we have the tools to force a lot of live ball turnovers and run the floor.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I was pleasantly surprised to find out the game is on regular TV. Took looking at highlights from somewhere else to find out though.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1701552401759.png