112 Years of GT Football - How Bad Were We Last Year?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Now 6-7 is the new terrible.

Last year gt was close in most games but only won 1 game besides the 2 easy teams.
We were approx 3 wins shy of terrible.

With a little better execution we could have easily have roared past terrible and made it to the new definition of not so bad = 7-5. I will be disappointed if we don't bounce back 7-5 ( beat 2 easy teams and split with rest). A bowl game loss doesn't matter to me.

Terrible is relative. If you are a Power 5 team, I agree if terrible is not being "average" in your conference. For those teams, you usually schedule two easier out of conference games. Then if you split your remaining 10 conference games, you are at 7-5. This ain't Lake Woebegone where all the kids are above average.

But if you are The Citadel playing FSU and USCe out of conference, then 6-6 can be pretty good.

Last year we ended with a Power Ranking of .505 (50.5% likely to win against the average team). And that was terrible. Yes we had some close losses. But 1/3 of our wins were very close........

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Terrible is relative. If you are a Power 5 team, I agree if terrible is not being "average" in your conference. For those teams, you usually schedule two easier out of conference games. Then if you split your remaining 10 conference games, you are at 7-5. This ain't Lake Woebegone where all the kids are above average.

But if you are The Citadel playing FSU and USCe out of conference, then 6-6 can be pretty good.

Last year we ended with a Power Ranking of .505 (50.5% likely to win against the average team). And that was terrible. Yes we had some close losses. But 1/3 of our wins were very close........
You don't get it, do you? We never expect to lose the close ones. Only count the ones we lose close. Keeps the winter livable.