11/2 Faulkner Game Thread

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
20 assists for 31 made FGs ... does that reflect better shooting, more fast breaks, or being less active within the offense than last year?

24 fast break points for us and 2% better FG% than avg. last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
If I haven't said it before, welcome to the forum.

Just learned of this! Also posted some important statistics that you might want to take a look at. Details how the game vs Faulkner compared to our averages last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think this every time I see someone post on here we have a significant upgrade at PG this year. Unless we have a blue chip freshman, there is no planet where a freshman PG is going to be better than a Senior PG (who in all honesty wasn't that bad) in the ACC. I will agree we have a higher ceiling at PG with Alvarado, but he's going to make some Freshman mistakes

I think you put too much stock on experience and too little on talent. Heath did a good job of using his experience to not be too much of a liability last year, but talent wise he was really lacking. Poor shooter, and his weaknesses as a point guard were often masked by how much we ran our offense through Ben. And while Alvarado will make some mistakes, so did Heath, and Alvarado will almost certainly make more plays this year for us than Heath did last year. Not messing up isn't everything.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Heath.... hellacious defense? Never heard those terms used in the same sentence before. He was on the lower end of satisfactory, at best. He was severely limited athletically so we hid him in a zone. (Same thing we did with Q) No need to try and play man when you don't have the horses. CJP made the right call and went to zones and hybrid D last year and it worked great. Having Lammers anchor the middle was huge.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Heath.... hellacious defense? Never heard those terms used in the same sentence before. He was on the lower end of satisfactory, at best. He was severely limited athletically so we hid him in a zone. (Same thing we did with Q) No need to try and play man when you don't have the horses. CJP made the right call and went to zones and hybrid D last year and it worked great. Having Lammers anchor the middle was huge.
Not sure why some people just have to say unnecessarily negative comments about people who played for GT.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You will get none and like it. You dont come here and go after players on the roster and expect to be commended. There are ways of going about things and that isnt one of them.

Just a friendly GFY. Welcome to the board. Shape up.
Thanks for the welcome Putin.