1-1 with Todd Stansbury. What should I ask him?

WearGoldToGameDays

Georgia Tech Fan
I am a current student who will be meeting with Todd in a few weeks. He specifically asked me to look for ways to use Technology to innovate at Georgia Tech (his example was Gatorade at Florida) and how to monetize the football stadium when its not being used in the fall.

Of course I will be talking about GTGould out (the Pitt goldout game had a great student section by the way).

What else do you want me to ask/request of him?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am a current student who will be meeting with Todd in a few weeks. He specifically asked me to look for ways to use Technology to innovate at Georgia Tech (his example was Gatorade at Florida) and how to monetize the football stadium when its not being used in the fall.

Of course I will be talking about GTGould out (the Pitt goldout game had a great student section by the way).

What else do you want me to ask/request of him?

Apparel deals. You won't get anything but it's worth the ask

In addition to talking to him about the Gold Out games, please ask him if there is anything that can be done about having more gold and white gear (our PRIMARY colors) available for sale to the fans. Why should the sale of shirts, jackets, and caps in blue and other colors take precedence over the sale of those same items in gold or white? You might also point out the problems that many have had in hearing the audio on the GT Game Day app. Even when I connect my phone via bluetooth to my car radio, I still have to turn the radio volume up to 100% to hear it. That only became a problem for me over this past year. I am sure there are many other more important things you could bring up in a meeting with him, but those are my two biggest issues right now.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
They already use this a little but a good idea for using technology is using VR for recruits to experience game day and other things. This could also be something fans would enjoy. Using VR to experience pregame lockeroom speeches, practices, etc

crut

Helluva Engineer
I also would like you to make suggestions to help with GTGoldout. Here's a picture of the bookstore last night before a Goldout a quarter mile away.

QSyd4

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Sponsor an incubator for sports and technology. It wouldn't require a new "Sports and Tech" major or department, but it would motivate student/community involvement.

Could partner with GT grad Garrett Langley's company Experience (am a friend of his older brother) as I believe they are already in some form of partnership with tech. Experience, or other partners, could offer in-kind donations, have rights of first refusal on some tech, and experiment with new products in a familiar setting. A la Nike @ Oregon. Though I am sure they have thought of this.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Boost wifi and cell signals during games. Every NFL & NBA stadium does this. May cost a little but improves fan experience and helps people post things to social media DURING the game, which creates buzz and things go viral

I thought this issue was fixed with the new scoreboard

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Have one of those spray-tan machines (walk thru/metal detector style) at each gate... any fan NOT sporting the correct shade of gold will be full-body spray painted Old Gold to rectify the infraction.
A rectal infraction sounds painful.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Maybe develope wearable sensors on practice gear to analyze muscle use, fatigue, and desired repeatable motion. Technology to aid shooting motion and repeatable stroke. Throwing motion for the qb. Video aids to help coaches prepare for games, ie blocking schemes play tendencies etc. Radios in helmets to communicate in real time during practice.