🤞Clemson at Georgia Tech Jan 20 2021, 7 PM 🤞

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We played very well on both ends of the court. Clemson was sloppy with the ball, but part of that was the pressure we put on them. Much of whether we're stifling on defense or in foul trouble depends on how ticky-tack the refs are. Clemson started out shooting in the 60% range from 3 point land, which kept them in the game. We were on fire from beyond the arc once we got warmed up. Usher was unconscionable from deep early and late. Devoe was on once he warmed up. Wright was unstoppable inside and hit a couple of big 3's from the outside to loosen them up.

Edit: had to step away in the middle of this, so I'm sure others have already provided a brief.

Edit, Edit: The passing was very, very sharp until the end, when they got a little sloppy. Several late threes lowered the actual percentage. We shot better than the stats when it counted. Dribble penetration was devastating. Will be interesting to watch us against Virginia.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
People need to get behind this team. This is a good team. We have been playing good basketball for most of the season. We started out slow mainly due to the decision to gold non-contact practices. Ever since then we have gotten better and better. This team had been moving the ball on offense and keeping the turnovers down. We have been forcing a ton of turnovers on defense. Similar to the end of last season, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching GT basketball this year.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That is the best game I have seen a Pastner team play since he has been here. They played hard, did not turn the ball over, waited for good shots, and shot well. I hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season. It is a shame that these seniors are not able to play their last year in front of big home crowds while playing this well. McAmish would have been absolutely insane tonight had it been full.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To think if we had been doing contact practices since the beginning we probably beat state and Mercer and sit at 9-1 right now. Really interested to see how we stack up vs UVA. They had the upset loss in the beginning of the year and got steamrolled by Gonzaga... but so has everyone else, so I think they’re better than their ranking.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Our offensive motion and ball movement was excellent all night. Shooting was lights out (and I think related to good offensive execution).

Our defense looked better than at any point so far this season. We did the switching zone thing with a lot of 1/3/1. The difference is we were attacking on D. They turned it over and also got called for a bunch of moving screens and offensive fouls (because our D was active).

We got a few players a few extra minutes. When Jose tweaked his ankle on the first half, we pulled away with him on the bench. That’s a really good sign.

This is winning (and fun) basketball.

/

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Our offensive motion and ball movement was excellent all night. Shooting was lights out (and I think related to good offensive execution).

Our defense looked better than at any point so far this season. We did the switching zone thing with a lot of 1/3/1. The difference is we were attacking on D. They turned it over and also got called for a bunch of moving screens and offensive fouls (because our D was active).

We got a few players a few extra minutes. When Jose tweaked his ankle on the first half, we pulled away with him on the bench. That’s a really good sign.

This is winning (and fun) basketball.

/
when jose was out in first half bc of ankle, kyle filled in and performed well. in the second half, pastner yanked usher after his step-back fade-away airball 3... kyle was solid for a long stretch of "small ball" with 4 guards and moses. normally khalid would get those minutes but he was out tonight.

in the first half howard got 2 minutes (because khalid was out i assume) and we were -5 in those 2 minutes. howard had a turnover and in PNR defense gave up an uncontested 3 to clemson's leading 3pt shooter in those 2 mins.

ETA: not trying to bash howard. i like his potential, but he needs a full year of practice and off-season development. still young and raw.

Last edited:

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.10.42 PM.png

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
in the first half howard got 2 minutes (because khalid was out i assume) and we were -5 in those 2 minutes. howard had a turnover and in PNR defense gave up an uncontested 3 to clemson's leading 3pt shooter in those 2 mins.

The three wasn't really uncontested. Jose was contesting it fighting over the top of the screen which meant howard had the responsibility of taking away the drive as well as the roll threat. It was a decent look for a good three point shooter caused by a very good screen, borderline moving imo, and probably a poor decision by Jose to try and go over the top with how extended the screen was.

Condensed game

#4 wanted absolutely nothing to do with Moses on the dunk at 4 min.