🆘🆘 #BGvsGT Identity Crisis 🆘🆘

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Bowling Green Falcons, whose school colors are Orange and Brown, will be wearing White.

🆚

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, whose school colors are White and Gold and sometimes Navy, will be wearing Black.

If they're going to be literal about our name:

yellowjacket_shutterstock_1398689822.jpg

Hmm...anyone see a color that matches our unis today? Also, the average football fan won't get the nod to our famed black watch defense.

On another note, I like that we do these one offs. Nothing against Bowling Green, I just wished we would have saved these unis for a conference opponent that would have given us more of a "prime time" television audience. Also, what's the point of the glow in the dark accents if we're playing in broad daylight?

Uniforms are great, just the application is questionable.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 14807

Hmm...anyone see a color that matches our unis today? Also, the average football fan won't get the nod to our famed black watch defense.

On another note, I like that we do these one offs. Nothing against Bowling Green, I just wished we would have saved these unis for a conference opponent that would have given us more of a "prime time" television audience. Also, what's the point of the glow in the dark accents if we're playing in broad daylight?

I've always been of the opinion that black and white are neutral colors and anyone can use them. You can make one or both one of your primary colors like we and so many others do, but at the end of the day anybody can use them and it doesn't bother me a bit.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 14807

Well actually...

I thought the name "yellow jackets" originally referred to the yellow jackets worn by the students of the Lucy Cobb School for Women to support the Golden Tornado at a Tech/Georgia game in Athens in solidarity with a student who was jilted by her Ugag boyfriend. A newspaper reporter referred to the team as the "Yellow Jackets" and the rest is history. At least that's the story I've seen. Then the article of clothing morphed into the insect.