CJ Leggett

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So I watched his film.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2465321/highlights/80814387

I don't see Aback. This kid is a bback all day long. He doesn't have elite speed but he can out run most defenders. He's got quit a bit of wriggle and shiftiness but I like how he explodes from the backfield. He runs hard and with power and not afraid to drive through traffic and between the tackles. He reminds me a lot of the kid from Auburn Tre Mason. He reminds me of him a lot. With the loose of Custis it would be smart to make him a Bback. I hope to see it the kid produce on the field this season.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
He's 5'9. Can't put on much more weight and be effective. Would be surprised if he ever is a starting B back for us.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Thick trunk, excellent acceleration....remind you of anyone? He's a B back. I'd love to see him squirting through those holes up the middle. I'd also love to see him run the play where the Bback circles out to become the pitch man. This kid is a talented runner. He needs to be the first option!

LibertyTurns

Banned
He's 5'9. Can't put on much more weight and be effective. Would be surprised if he ever is a starting B back for us.
Jerome Bettis was around 260. Think he had an adequate career. Don't know how tall he was but he wasn't exactly Andre the Giant.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Tell me one advantage that 3 more inches of height gives a RB. He may be 5'9" but he has thighs like tree trunks. He could easily be 210 which is perfect size if he hits the holes hard.
3 more inches means he could put on 20 pounds and not lose speed and agility. A lot of wishful thinking in this thread.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what height or size has to do with being a bback. Snoddy isn't very big and he played bback.
Not to mention that most publications list him as 5'10..
The most prolific bback under CPJ was 5'10 Adrian Peterson.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sure what height or size has to do with being a bback. Snoddy isn't very big and he played bback.
Not to mention that most publications list him as 5'10..
The most prolific bback under CPJ was 5'10 Adrian Peterson.
Adrian Peterson played Bback in Div1aa.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Adrian Peterson played Bback in Div1aa.
OK
Barry Sanders 5'8
Emmitt Smith 5'9
Jamal Anderson 5'11 (yeah right)

Jonathon Dwyer 5'11
Doug Martin 5'9
Frank Gore 5'9
Alfred Morris 5'9
Ray Rice 5'8
Trent Richardson 5'9
Maurice Jones Drew 5'7
Doug Martin 5'9

I can go on.
Per Rivals, Scout, and Hudl CJ is 5'10 ESPN & 247 list him as 5'9
I think his height is fine.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
OK
Barry Sanders 5'8
Emmitt Smith 5'9
Jamal Anderson 5'11 (yeah right)

Jonathon Dwyer 5'11
Doug Martin 5'9
Frank Gore 5'9
Alfred Morris 5'9
Ray Rice 5'8
Trent Richardson 5'9
Maurice Jones Drew 5'7
Doug Martin 5'9

I can go on.
Per Rivals, Scout, and Hudl CJ is 5'10 ESPN & 247 list him as 5'9
I think his height is fine.
I must have missed the times when all those guys played Bback.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He has great field vision/awareness and makes good decisions. He also shows tenacity in his running style.

His top end speed is more like Godhigh. There is a lot of his style that reminds me of Godhigh.... I wonder how good Godhigh would have been at BB.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Ray rice at 5'8.... that is laughable.

I have met him, he is 5'6 maybe.... Built like tank, but no where close to that tall.

Why are we talking about how tall running backs are again?