Why vad lee left

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
To be fair to Vad, he didn't seek out ESPN to dump all over GT. They sought him out and as the media tends to do, they stirred and dug and embelished to make a story more juicy. You don't see all the questions before the edit. Who knows what they asked and how they asked it. In a courtroom, certain tactics are not allowed and are called leading the witness.

It's like in Rudy where the film makers invented half the stuff at the end of the movie that never happened. The big difference is ESPN presents their "version" of events as fact.
Sometimes it is well we have the "media", else we'd have to take responsibility. One of my roles at one time was to work with businessmen and such on something called "media relations". An astonishing number of them claimed misquotes. An equally astonishing number, it turned out, said exactly what the particular institution said they said. You can see it today even when it is on videotape: you didn't see what you thought you saw when I said what I didn't say. I recall a story about Eugene Talmadge, probably anecdotal but maybe not, about Young Humman complaining to him about AJC stories. He was reputed to have threatened a libel suit. "Humman," -- Herman to most of us -- said daddy Eugene, "don't you never sue no newspaper for libel. They might prove it." (And movies like Rudy may be a medium but they ain't the media.) So I accept that Lee said what they said, he said and frankly I don't have a problem with it except the juvenile "Nobody understands me" stuff. If he really thought he would convince Johnson to change his 30-odd year offensive scheme, he is much better off at a smaller school, where perhaps intellectual reasoning is less a premium. Seems to me two QBs made out real well with his transfer.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I give CPJ a ton of credit for taking the chance. It went a long way toward killing the tired narrative that he is inflexible. And, the offense wasn't THAT bad. There was a buy in problem and that it's on Vad. Still, you might argue it was executed better than it is right now. IF the defense holds a 20-0 lead against UGA this whole conversation is different.
I still remember Mark Richt being interviewed at half time of that game. (the following is a paraphrase with reading between the lines added in) He said he was not nervous because Lee doesn't usually complete that many passes and he thought in the second half (Lee would go back to not being effective) Tech would not be able to keep up that completion rate.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
In other news, Man Changes Jobs - Does Better at Company B.
A lot of UGA fans were not very happy about Greyson Lambert... Lost his starting job at Virginia, one of the lesser teams in the ACC. Now he was supposed to be the answer to their QB woes. But he seems to be thriving in the UGA offense. Strange how that happens. Hope he doesn't get too good before they come to Atlanta... :)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
More
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...otball-qb-vad-lee-takes-offense-unprecedented

Good Gawd
"Lee passed for 289 yards and ran for a school-record 276 in the unbeaten Dukes' 48-45 win over their Football Bowl Subdivision opponent, earning a level of national media attention not often given to Football Championship Subdivision players."

And this

"Lee leads a unit that is on pace to set an FCS record in total offense at 671.3 yards per game and also leads the nation in rushing offense and first downs.

The flip side: He also leads the nation with 10 in interceptions."

This is very Brett Farve like. CPJ wouldn't have had it with his gun slinger mentality.