Why Doesnt Baron Radcliff Start in RF?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Just curious why you all think Baron should or should NOT start or get more playing time? He made some amazing plays last year and can really mash the tater. So why doesn't he get more PT?? I know he's very strike out prone, but I still don't think that's a real reason to keep a guy like him in the dugout.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Just curious why you all think Baron should or should NOT start or get more playing time? He made some amazing plays last year and can really mash the tater. So why doesn't he get more PT?? I know he's very strike out prone, but I still don't think that's a real reason to keep a guy like him in the dugout.
Hall is a better all around player. Nothing against Radcliffe, but Hall is the better player.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Hall likely has the best arm on the team and is a solid, consistent hitter. Radcliff has insane power at the plate and hasn't made any errors in RF to my knowledge but hes still less consistent on offense. He's a great player to have come in to pinch hit when the offense needs a boost and hes not a liability in the field. I think we will see him get more and more playing time as the year progresses (he had a nice hit tonight) but I'm not sure he will overtake Colin as the starter, at least as things stand now. They're both solid options in RF.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What about LF? Murray seems to get a late jump on the ball sometimes. It may be I'm comparing him to Nick, but all the same it'd make sense for Murray to DH if he can get his BA up.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
He was a strikeout machine last year. Think he was one of the higher rated recruits in recent memory that made it to campus so hopefully he gets onto the field at some point.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
He was a strikeout machine last year. Think he was one of the higher rated recruits in recent memory that made it to campus so hopefully he gets onto the field at some point.
I've seen a lot more patience at the plate this year. I expect he will get more at bats as the season progresses.