Who would you start on Friday vs UConn?

Who would you start Friday in the game vs UCONN?

• Gold

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Gorst

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Parr

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Pitts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • One of the freshmen (Lee, Dulaney, Gibson, Carpenter)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Definitely go with Parr. Win and we are set up as good as we can to win the region with Gold against Florida. Lose and then pitch one of the Fr, probably Dulaney against Bethune. All pitchers other than Gold and Gorst would have a very SHORT LEASH.

I want the best chance to win the war (the region), not the battle (UConn). It is double elimination, not single elimination.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Nuke. Beating UConn and then starting anyone weaker against UF is suicide. I would be OK if he starts Gorst in game 2 but knowing Hall, he'll burn both Gold and Gorst to get past UConn, and then we will drop the next two games!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
While I 'think' I agree with holding Gold for Gm2 (v UF)... this seems to be one of those things that's much easier for those of us not named Danny Hall to say. Agree with @GTNavyNuke (perhaps I do that too much). The "war" (or region) is the goal... however, you need to win the battles (especially the 1st one) to win that war.

Seems we all agree the path to victory (Super Regional) for Tech is extremely narrow. Will take a herculean effort from every player (especially the entire pitching staff). I'm hopeful.... that is to say....if a D1 CF can drop a routine pop fly with 2 outs in the 9th inning like we saw v NCST just 4 days ago, then WE can WIN this region.

Love college sports (...when I'm not hating college sports). GO JACKETS!!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CDH is going with Zac Ryan. Hopefully he will be the Zac Ryan we saw vs UNC earlier this season. If we lose, does CDH risk not starting Gold vs Bethune-Cookman?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CDH is going with Zac Ryan. Hopefully he will be the Zac Ryan we saw vs UNC earlier this season. If we lose, does CDH risk not starting Gold vs Bethune-Cookman?

As I said in the other post, this is great. Zac was awesome when I saw him pitch against UVa in relief of Lee. He was a damn bulldog who wouldn't let go and just got more and more determined with every movement. I won't quibble with whether he should start or be brought in when the starter puts two men on (e.g. very short leash). Zac seems much better in relief for whatever reason; most mental? But given Hall isn't starting Gold or Pitts, I'm fine.

Absolutely don't start Gold against Bethune IMHO. Bethune should be throwing their ace against Florida tomorrow. We should be able the beat Bethune (win or lose tomorrow) with Parr or Dulaney.

Last edited:

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As I said in the other post, this is great. Zac was awesome when I saw him pitch against UVa in relief of Lee. He was a damn bulldog who wouldn't let go and just got more and more determined with every movement. I won't quibble with whether he should start or be brought in when the starter puts two men on (e.g. very short leash). Zac seems much better in relief for whatever reason; most mental? But given Hall isn't starting Gold or Pitts, I'm fine.

Absolutely don't start Gold against Bethune IMHO. Bethune should be throwing their ace against Florida tomorrow. We should be able the beat Bethune (win or lose tomorrow) with Parr or Dulaney.

Ryan actually didn't pitch in the UVA series; Gorst was the one who relieved Lee in our win. He was outstanding vs UNC in his start at Chapel Hill.

I am with you on the possible Bethune-Cookman game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ryan actually didn't pitch in the UVA series; Gorst was the one who relieved Lee in our win. He was outstanding vs UNC in his start at Chapel Hill.

I am with you on the possible Bethune-Cookman game.

Damn, and I was there (I think Gorst looked really good.:rolleyes:) Oh well. I think Gorst should be kept back as a closer till game 5......... on a related subject, I wish there was a site which had the players performance by game for college baseball.