White Out

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back at the replay of the game, I hope that the next white out game the GTAA would consider passing out white pom poms to every fan walking into the stadium. Fans could really rock out Bobby Dodd! Looked great on TV.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed. I went to PSU and the student section always looks much better than the rest of the stadium for a white out and the white pom poms have a lot to do with it (and standing up/acting crazier)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Looking back at the replay of the game, I hope that the next white out game the GTAA would consider passing out white pom poms to every fan walking into the stadium. Fans could really rock out Bobby Dodd! Looked great on TV.
referee-flag.jpg

PERSONAL FOUL!

Use of the words "pom poms" on a football forum. Loss of down. 15 yards. Posting privileges revoked.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I still have some shakers from the student section 15 years ago. Maybe I should break them out next white out.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I was working my white shaker pretty hard all game in 223. There probably weren't four in the whole section below me. Someone was handing them out just before the team showed up at Yellow Jacket Alley. I almost turned her down thinking that I didn't want to carry it around and I was really surprised that they weren't handing some out at the gate and glad I got it when I did.

When watching the replay, I saw a shot of Rodwell after the fake punt that showed the that upper east section in the background and there was one shaker going right in the middle where I was. My HD ain't that good but I'm saying it was me. ;)

That was a good game, and nearly everyone in the 223 wanted to sit through it all. I should have felt bad for the folks behind me but like I told my wife, if you wanted to sit you probably had more comfortable chairs at home. There was a guy right below me trying to get the crowd to stand without much luck. Saw a pic of him over on ST in the Signs and Wonders thread.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
They were passing out white shakers to tailgaters on Saturday. They gave our group a big handful. Not sure how far they roamed around to distribute them though.