Where would Xavier have finished in the ACC

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Where would Xavier have finished in the ACC this year? I have my doubts that they could even be in the top half of the league. So I really don't know that MBob is such a genius at picking coaches. The ACC BB teams are all strong and tough to win on the road. Not sure can say the same for their league. Private schools can more easily make exceptions for athletes if they meet the minimum NCAA requirements and it can be kept private. I live near Duke and they make exceptions all the time for top athletes in BB and now FB is moving up so you know they are doing it there as well.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Considering the ACC had 2 of the 4 #1 seeds and Xavier was a 2 seed, they're net result with regards to the tourney would've probably still been the same but there's no denying they were a Top 10 type of team this year. That program has been VERY good the last 10-12 years. They have a couple of Elite Eight appearances and multiple Sweet Sixteens during that time.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is not really a fair comparison in terms of picking coaches.
You have to look at how they recruit and perform against their primary competitors not against the ACC.

If you used the standard listed above to evaluate a coaching hire, then pretty much every mid major coaching hire would be a failure, as none of those schools would succeed at an ACC level.