What is college football analyst?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to throw the "Key's Staff" even more off tangent, so I thought I'd create a separate thread here. So what exactly is an analyst in college football and what are the rules/restrictions surrounding them? I understand that in theory, an analyst will break down game film, will observe opponent tendencies, and essentially are meant to be advisors to the various coaches.

From an article I found in 2021
During practices and games, analysts by rule may observe the proceedings and interact with coaches. What they can’t do at those times is engage in any “coaching activities” with players. That includes skill instruction, strategy planning and participating in drills.
Analysts may be in game huddles as long as no coaching occurs. They are allowed to offer “words of encouragement” in such a setting.

“I can’t give any instruction to a player on the field,” Monachino said then. “Now I can stand back and point out big things effortwise, but I can’t really coach on the field. Now in the building, when I walk by guys I can talk football with them. They can come watch tape. They can do a lot of things.
“But out there on the grass I can’t (coach). The majority of my time has been in film study. It’s been a great lab for me.”

In another article
Analysts fall under a category of coach that isn't considered "countable" by the NCAA, which means that although they are prohibited from directly coaching players or going on off-campus recruiting trips

And finally
Analysts and quality control coaches, like GAs, are not permitted to recruit.

I mainly became interested because I wondered how Faulkner could have been instrumental in Stetson Bennet's development if he was not allowed to coach him. I also am pretty sure Faulker was a part of the recruiting of Arch Manning, which seems to be incongruous with what I have read before.

From this article https://fansided.com/2022/01/18/arch-manning-recruiting-rumors-georgia-leader/ (emphasis mine)
Smart was there in-person to watch the five-star 2023 quarterback prospect hoop it up for Isidore Newman. Joining him at the prestigious New Orleans private school includes offensive coordinator Todd Monken, offensive line coach Matt Luke and offensive assistant Buster Faulkner, who may receive a promotion with former wide receivers coach Cortez Hankton heading to Baton Rouge.

Have analysts been given more freedom than in the past? Does anyone know the *actual* rules around analysts?