• Louisville

Votes: 15 11.2%

• Total voters

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wait - who wouldn't???

/
If you have read this thread, people on this thread have poked holes in UConn's resume bc they don't always get in the big dance. Consistency is great but give me the wider variance everytime. I am more into FB so I would say both Gailey and TFG brought consistency. But I enjoyed the ups and downs under CPJ a heck of a lot more than the consistency of the two other guys.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If you have read this thread, people on this thread have poked holes in UConn's resume bc they don't always get in the big dance. Consistency is great but give me the wider variance everytime. I am more into FB so I would say both Gailey and TFG brought consistency. But I enjoyed the ups and downs under CPJ a heck of a lot more than the consistency of the two other guys.

Is anyone calling Gonzaga a blue blood though?

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the blue bloods are UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA and Kansas. Villanova and UConn would probably be next and I consider Michigan State more of a blue blood than Indiana at this point. Can Villanova have success without Jay Wright and will Michigan State stay really good when Izzo retires? UConn has won Natty's with three different coaches now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
To me the Blue Bloods are the teams that are always ranked in or near the top ten at the beginning of the season year after year .

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Does last night's win change anyone's opinion of UConn being a blue blood?

They finished last of the available teams in this poll 5 years ago, yet they now have as many national championships as Duke and Indiana (5) and more than Kansas (4).

Based on everyone's stated definitions 5 years ago, it would seem like last night doesn't change much, but thought it would be interesting to revisit.
Blue Bloods are there every year (or seemingly) and history. UCONN was trash prior to Calhoun. Since he retired, they've been up and down. I don't think there are many Blue Bloods anymore in basketball.