What? after tech defeats FSU

Rasmannn143

Georgia Tech Fan
I have seen absolutely no respect by analyst after handling georgia, yet they talked of georgia as outside shot for playoff before. Will that change if we can handle FSU?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have seen absolutely no respect by analyst after handling georgia, yet they talked of georgia as outside shot for playoff before. Will that change if we can handle FSU?
no, because it'll justify them dropping FSU from the #1 spot the whole year. FSU will fall out of the top 4 faster than an anvil in a Road Runner cartoon.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
no, because it'll justify them dropping FSU from the #1 spot the whole year. FSU will fall out of the top 4 faster than an anvil in a Road Runner cartoon.
Exactly. And I am repeating myself once again, but they have been looking for an excuse all season to drop FSU. Several times we have been primed for that drop by strategic comments from the media about this team or that team that could possibly probably maybe beat FSU. When FSU did not lose they found reasons to edge them out of first place by any means necessary, using any team available.

I am not an FSU defender I just know bs when I see it. So to your basic point, Tech will just be the messenger / carrier if they beat FSU and no honor or recognition will accrue to Tech. Pushes all my buttons.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I am not an FSU defender I just know bs when I see it. So to your basic point, Tech will just be the messenger / carrier if they beat FSU and no honor or recognition will accrue to Tech. Pushes all my buttons.

I think this is what would happen. If we win it just shows that Florida State is as weak as they've been saying since the first month of the season. If we lose it's because we're just another weak team on their schedule. It's a lose-lose perception and narrative wise. That being said I don't gives a damn about narrative at this point. I hope we whoop their asses.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think this is what would happen. If we win it just shows that Florida State is as weak as they've been saying since the first month of the season. If we lose it's because we're just another weak team on their schedule. It's a lose-lose perception and narrative wise. That being said I don't gives a damn about narrative at this point. I hope we whoop their asses.
Spot on with what the narrative will be. I also think we have a very good chance of beating them.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I say that FSU has played a lot of close games and had to come from behind this year because the ACC is the best conference in football top to bottom and they have been gunning for the defending MNC Seminoles.

Prove me wrong?

Btw, my point is only that if your narrative assumes on no evidence before the season begins the relative strength of conferences then your prejudice will just make you assume that all these close wins by FSU prove they are weak and unable to even consider that various ACC teams are actually strong competition.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
A 2-loss ACC champion isn't making the Playoff.

As FSU is showing, a 1-loss ACC Champion probably doesn't make it, either.

Georgia's outside shot was based on beating us and then #1 Alabama in the SECCG. Even then, they probably would have needed help.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia's outside shot was based on beating us and then #1 Alabama in the SECCG. Even then, they probably would have needed help.
Help from the payoff committee? They would have easily got that. ==> #1 Alabama loses to #5 uGA ==> Alabama drops to #3 and uGA jumps to #1.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
SEC teams never need any help from other teams losing to get ahead. The bias in their favor is all they have ever needed.
I am dreading the final picks for the playoff. This could be the most subjective poll in 30 years in my opinion.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
If the rest of the polls are close to what the CFP rankings are going to be we will be place too low to get in. Think of it this way, out of the top four teams that are in as of now. Would we jump any of them if they lose? Would we jump/stay ahead of any teams if they beat the top four.

1. Alabama- If they to Mizzou, they will only drop a few spots... The polls love bama.
2. FSU- they would drop below us.
3. Oregon- If they lose to Arizona, it will be a toss up whether we stay ahead of Arizona or Oregon
4. TCU- will not lose to Iowa state...

We would need a monumental collapse from the teams above us to get even close to being in the CFP.