What about the Wishbone at Oregon?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If I'm wrong and they do manage to steal CPJ away......well some miserable s.o.b.s get what they asked for. Tech hasn't done much to try and prevent this from happening.

Can you imagine how nasty this O would be in the Pac with the kind of recruiting support he'd get there?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Rumor is the job is W. Michigan's PJ Fleck's if he wants it.

A writer did mention Navy's Coach Ken as someone who would be an interesting choice there.

Maybe what would make CPJ's offense "cool" is if one of the higher profile programs like Oregons has it and Nike markets the crap out of it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
They started the spread stuff that's the standard college offense right now. They don't have the athletes that most factories do so maybe they need something different.?

Shotgun spread is way more cool and "proven" than "academy" option ball. I'm hoping, for selfish reasons, all the bull squat misconceptions about our O prevents the Oregons of the world from stealing my guy away.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There's no way CPJ would leave for ORE. IIRC, he said one of the main reasons he's stayed is the type of kid we attract. Actual student-athletes. He'd be more likely to find a collection of kids at ORE who have their hands out expecting something. Sure we have those here but that's not the norm.

Sorry but kids going to ORE go there knowing Nike money emanates from the ceiling vents. They go there for the sizzle, not the steak. That's not CPJ's cup o' tea. I'd be more worried about him returning to the Naval Academy if that comes open.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
If BYU couldn't pull Ken away from navy then I doubt Oregon could even if they tried.

The fans of Oregon would never allow a flexbone they'd riot.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah CPJ likes our kids. He also likes $, winning, institutional support, wining, and $$. I think you are crazy if you think he wouldn't consider other jobs, especially major programs.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If I'm PJ Flecks agent I'm on the phone with Oregon ASAP. Fleck was said to be waiting for a high level P5 opening or he wouldn't leave Kalamazoo. Well, here it is. And a $hit load of money to be made too.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah CPJ likes our kids. He also likes $, winning, institutional support, wining, and $$. I think you are crazy if you think he wouldn't consider other jobs, especially major programs.

I'd challenge you to listen to that long podcast where CPJ specifically talked about why he stays here and why he hasn't left. Based on his own words, you're wrong. Also, I never said he wouldn't consider other jobs. In fact, he said he has. I'm saying he's not the typical job-hopping coach. That guy would've went to AUB years ago when they supposedly offered.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ or Coach Ken walk into Oregon and automatically win 9+ games every year, and probably the PAC 12 within 3 years.

Imagine either coach, after years of academic and budgetary restraints, getting to play with Nike, I mean Oregon, money and Oregon academics. That's like giving a shark arms and the ability to walk on land and run like a cheetah.

I'm glad ADs are too dumb to care more about appearances than winning, because those two guys would have CPJ's GA Southern results at a factory type school. Because of CPJ's age, the likeliness of him leaving GT or retiring are greater than a big school poaching him. Coach Ken is another story. It's going to take a special type of situation and a lot of money for him to leave Navy. He absolutely loves his players at Navy, and he approaches his job there as if it's God's work. Plus, there is no pressure at Navy other than not losing to Army. He walks into another job and he's automatically on the hot seat just because of the style of football he plays. That's why BYU turned out the way it did.