Week 10 PFF Grades

alagold

Helluva Engineer
E.J. Jenkins is the #1 run blocking WR in all of FBS, out of 507 WRs who qualify. It’s not really close - the difference between E.J. and the #2 ranked WR in this metric is the same difference as the #2 ranked WR and #8 ranked WR.
EJ has quietly become an important player on OFF.His causing the penalty on vt at end of half in EZ may have been the un-noticed key to game .It allowed us to get close for FG. He is downfield threat all season also which was a surprise to me.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Top and bottom 5 graded offensive players in Week 10 (number of snaps):

1.) Dontae Smith (47)
2.) Nate McCollum (61)
3.) Malachi Carter (67)
4.) Hassan Hall (25)
5.) Zach Pyron (83)

16.) Jakiah Leftwich (83)
17.) Joe Fusile (83)
18.) Leo Blackburn (18)
19.) Jordan Williams (83)
20.) Corey Robinson II (83)

Top and bottom 5 graded defensive players in Week 10 (number of snaps):

1.) D'Quan Douse (39)
2.) Kenan Johnson (15)
3.) Zamari Walton (57)
4.) Charlie Thomas (66)
5.) K.J. Wallace (58)

18.) Myles Sims (62)
19.) Sylvain Yondjouen (16)
20.) Ayinde Eley (67)
21.) Kyle Kennard (42)
22.) Noah Collins (15)
Was surprised with poor play from Blackburn @ WR. He dropped a key pass and wasn't impressive at all - after much hype about what a difference maker he was going to be. Perhaps the flu or an injury but concerned here as he is/was projected to be one of our best WR's once he was able to play...

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Obviously there are deeper issues, but Key commented that the flu bug had ravaged the line during the prior week; I think at least one starter was out for the game and others had limited or no practice. I can imagine that this could have affected our stamina and focus. Hopefully we will be in better shape for Miami.
Just to tack on to the issue I mentioned earlier, in today's S-A video, Jordan Williams mentioned that it was his first time playing guard and he didn't learn he was needed at the position until the week of the game. So definitely some mitigating factors at play for the OL.
Video link: https://ramblinwreck.com/video-football-student-athletes-media-availability-22-10/

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t heard much buzz about Clayton Powell-Lee but that kid as stepped in as a true freshman and balled completely out!
Well, after all he does have the pedigree. His father Gary Lee played for Tech during the Black Watch years after prepping at Westover in Albany. Gary was a dawg killer during his time on the Flats.