We Close the 2023 Regular Season at BC

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nice road win!!! Team played a very unselfish game today. There were several times where guys gave up a good shot for a better shot, which led to an open 3! I’ve always been a Sturdy fan. He plays with such great pace.
Kyle is a very intelligent young man who doesn't make many mental mistakes. He is normally very steady at the end of close games.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A good number of GT fans at the Boston college game to day. Great to see the turn out.
It’d be nice to have clustered away sections like football does but GTAA is not allotted any tickets for basketball games last I checked. I think the team gets guest tickets behind the bench - I’m guessing the usher coverage of that section varies from arena to arena. Our section is usually empty most games.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Finally got to watch the recording. Kudos to the team. Helped for sure when Post went out of the game.

I'll take the win no matter ther the reason or how pretty/ugly it is.

On to Tuesday and beating FSU. I like our chances of playing Wednesday night too.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Do any of the nonsense pay to play post season tournaments still exist? I say it's worth it if we are only losing Franklin (I would just guess at least one other guy because of what college sports is these days no inside info) because this team is really feeling it. An extra few games could really help going into the off-season.

Kudos to Javon Franklin, he was getting hammered inside all game and didn't let it bother him. No mouthing off to the refs or anything just kept playing

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Given our track record in the ACC Tournament under Pastner (one year notwithstanding) I am skeptical of a deep run. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't lay an egg.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Do any of the nonsense pay to play post season tournaments still exist? I say it's worth it if we are only losing Franklin (I would just guess at least one other guy because of what college sports is these days no inside info) because this team is really feeling it. An extra few games could really help going into the off-season.

Kudos to Javon Franklin, he was getting hammered inside all game and didn't let it bother him. No mouthing off to the refs or anything just kept playing
Yep--the man has been a revelation.His history/record before was a hint to this but the last half of season has been a breakout into all-conf level and the key to our improvement...A triple double from a Ctr! Several double/doubles.You can see the confidence in play as a SR (same with Terry) that we were lacking early in season.He will difficult ( being kind) to replace.Exactly what we had hoped for in portal SR.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yep--the man has been a revelation.His history/record before was a hint to this but the last half of season has been a breakout into all-conf level and the key to our improvement...A triple double from a Ctr! Several double/doubles.You can see the confidence in play as a SR (same with Terry) that we were lacking early in season.He will difficult ( being kind) to replace.Exactly what we had hoped for in portal SR.
Seems like it took Pastner along time to go to the 5.5 man rotation. When he did Kelly and Terry and Franklin, became very dangerous.
Kelly just named ACC player of week. The other 2 get an assist and deebo and Sturt get thanks for being team players