WBB Postseason!

bgeorge12

Georgia Tech Fan
You can argue whether that was illegal from both sides. What you cannot argue is this insanity of illegal pick calls and the continued impact this had on games. It actually started in the Bobby Knight era. Players were actually getting injured during these years because of the blind picks being set and players being leveled. Now, fast forward 30 years and the slightest movement even in this case the arms of the picker raising to their chest to protect themselves from the defenders blasting into them. The officials now love this call. Their signal is now their favorite. It used to be the charge. Please NCAA AND HIGH SCHOOL OFFICIALS STOP THIS INSANITY! Nobody is getting injured on the nitpicking calls.

bgeorge12

Georgia Tech Fan
Let me start by saying I respect and love Nell. What I’m going to ask her and you fellow Tech people is: Are we better off in regard to our ACC competitiveness than we were when Nell took over? Nell took us to NCAA twice using the players she inherited. The incredible international players she inherited. Now she’s recruiting some good guards. I should say good offensive playing guards. I’m not sure they put out consistent effort on defense but that’s for another day. Now, next year Va Tech will be awful. UNC won’t be as good and their coaching is questionable. I’m not sure about Louisville, NC State, and others as the transfer portal is adding up. But Tech’s overall standing has dropped the last 3 years. I expected more out of this hall of famer and am just really frustrated with the way it’s progressed.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Let me start by saying I respect and love Nell. What I’m going to ask her and you fellow Tech people is: Are we better off in regard to our ACC competitiveness than we were when Nell took over? Nell took us to NCAA twice using the players she inherited. The incredible international players she inherited. Now she’s recruiting some good guards. I should say good offensive playing guards. I’m not sure they put out consistent effort on defense but that’s for another day. Now, next year Va Tech will be awful. UNC won’t be as good and their coaching is questionable. I’m not sure about Louisville, NC State, and others as the transfer portal is adding up. But Tech’s overall standing has dropped the last 3 years. I expected more out of this hall of famer and am just really frustrated with the way it’s progressed.

I don't follow her 'bigs' recruiting. Seems like we just tread water there.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

I definitely like her overall. No I haven't yet been impressed with the on-court performance.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He has a right to complain. The referee didn’t make the wrong call. But as you pointed out, the refs didn’t establish a consistency on what was allowed and what wasn’t. UConn had been doing those moving picks all game long. In fact, there were more obvious ones on just the possessions before that last one. So why now call it? So I feel for the UConn coach & players but referee didn’t make the wrong call. Though they should’ve called it earlier in the game to establish consistency.
Lots of moving picks this year in both men and women basketball.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
You can argue whether that was illegal from both sides. What you cannot argue is this insanity of illegal pick calls and the continued impact this had on games. It actually started in the Bobby Knight era. Players were actually getting injured during these years because of the blind picks being set and players being leveled. Now, fast forward 30 years and the slightest movement even in this case the arms of the picker raising to their chest to protect themselves from the defenders blasting into them. The officials now love this call. Their signal is now their favorite. It used to be the charge. Please NCAA AND HIGH SCHOOL OFFICIALS STOP THIS INSANITY! Nobody is getting injured on the nitpicking calls.
An illegal pick/screen is an illegal pick/screen. That it was allowed 30 years ago is not relevant.

When players extend their feet wider than their shoulders it is an illegal pick/screen every time and should be called as such. When the player is moving into the path of the defender it is an illegal screen and should be called.