WBB - Georgia Tech (5) vs. Stephen F. Austin (12), Sunday 4:30 p.m, ESPNU

Deleted member 2897

Goodness, even the video quality of the press conference sucks for the Ladies vs the Mens Tournaments. I could not hear the questions at all.

Same here. The men's tournament generates $1 Billion a year for the NCAA. The women's tournament generates 1/30th of that ($35 million) for the NCAA. I think the NCAA is comparing those 2 numbers and basically thumbing their nose at the women. They don't have to provide Taj Mahal level accommodations, but they have a mountain of over a billion dollars available, and should at least provide some minimum level of respect and hospitality. It honestly would not cost that much considering how much money they're making overall.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
May this not be taken politically, because zero intent intended....
The NCAA is not federal, therefore Title 9 cannot be used against them to file a lawsuit. Although, the President’s of the universities can be had.
Seems absurd.

No excuse for hotel accommodations to be different in value as they are reported to be.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Heard that the NCAA crowns over 90 champions per year.
Please don’t ask me to list, that was on ABC this morning.
The majority of those sports cannot be revenue producers.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Someone in the other thread made the argument that is supposed to be amateur athletics, in which case revenues shouldn't be the ONLY thing considered. A minimum standard for non-revenue sports seems reasonable.

Deleted member 2897

Someone in the other thread made the argument that is supposed to be amateur athletics, in which case revenues shouldn't be the ONLY thing considered. A minimum standard for non-revenue sports seems reasonable.

I can see the NCAA not having Taj Mahal amenities for like a softball tournament or cross country nationals. But men's basketball generates $1 Billion. At least for that sport you'd think they would have similar accommodations...especially when men's and women's is happening at the same time. And women's generating $35 million is not exactly chump change. I guarantee you that's more money than most other sports generate.