Watching UNC/Jackets in Nashville

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I will piggyback on this post. I have to be in Louisville Ky. this weekend. Any recs for a good sports bar there, especially one where other GT fans might be? TIA for any replies.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know of any Nashville-area sports bars where Tech fans gather?
Go to GTAA Game Watching page. If there's nothing on there, look for Nashville's Alumni group. Most larger areas have 3-4 contacts and 1 will probably answer.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I live in Nashville and VERY RARELY see other Tech people. Meaning, I’ve lived here for nearly 9 years and have seen GT stuff out and about maybe 5 times. I know of 2-3 alumni up here. I know there’s more.

brian22

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks. I’m bringing my son up to see the Preds on opening night. Would love to find a bar to watch the Jackets on Saturday. I appreciate everyone’s help.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Go to GTAA Game Watching page. If there's nothing on there, look for Nashville's Alumni group. Most larger areas have 3-4 contacts and 1 will probably answer.
Link? I can't find it on RR.com, and Google doesn't seem to know where it is either.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I live in Nashville and VERY RARELY see other Tech people. Meaning, I’ve lived here for nearly 9 years and have seen GT stuff out and about maybe 5 times. I know of 2-3 alumni up here. I know there’s more.
Thanks. I’m bringing my son up to see the Preds on opening night. Would love to find a bar to watch the Jackets on Saturday. I appreciate everyone’s help.
Best place to watch the Jackets is Double Dogs, about a $10 uber from Bridgestone, close to Vandy. It will have damn near EVERY game on as there's a ton of tvs, awesome when NCATT is in 1st weekend. It's not an organized GT game watching place, but any time I've been in Nashville and went there to watch there were always 2-3 GT tables. If you're visiting you can go tourist and watch the game at Honkey Tonk Central. That has the benefit of having rowdy bachelorette parties, great music, etc. Once I was there and went and watched GT vs mutts somewhere in Belle Meade with the local club. Had a blast, they were a fun group.

Despite being in Vandy town, Nashville is heavy SEC with Tenn & Bama & KY & UF & that other team's games always on.

brian22

Ramblin' Wreck
Best place to watch the Jackets is Double Dogs, about a $10 uber from Bridgestone, close to Vandy. It will have damn near EVERY game on as there's a ton of tvs, awesome when NCATT is in 1st weekend. It's not an organized GT game watching place, but any time I've been in Nashville and went there to watch there were always 2-3 GT tables. If you're visiting you can go tourist and watch the game at Honkey Tonk Central. That has the benefit of having rowdy bachelorette parties, great music, etc. Once I was there and went and watched GT vs mutts somewhere in Belle Meade with the local club. Had a blast, they were a fun group.

Despite being in Vandy town, Nashville is heavy SEC with Tenn & Bama & KY & UF & that other team's games always on.
I think we’ll check out Double Dogs. Thanks. I’m more a Hillsborough Village guy than a woooo girls guy.

AlphaBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I live in Nashville as well (7 years now) and tried to find a GT bar to watch with multiple times. Every time I went to the suggested place (Jonathan's in Green Hills) I was the only Tech fan there.

brian22

Ramblin' Wreck
Great call on Double Dogs. We’re the only Tech table, but they’ve been so great to us already. They put the game on four TVs. They have been very cool.

If I were y’all Nashville folks, I’d make this the place to meet up. A+

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Great call on Double Dogs. We’re the only Tech table, but they’ve been so great to us already. They put the game on four TVs. They have been very cool.

If I were y’all Nashville folks, I’d make this the place to meet up. A+
Good to hear they still got game, that place has been alsways well run. I'm only in Nashville 1-2x a year now as we've sourced things elsewhere, but it's a great sports bar and I like they're very dog friendly. Dogs make places better usually. I head there when in Nashville & I want to watch something which is almost every day it seems.

Sad to hear the years of football and basketball misery killed off so many GT fans, but it's not just Nashville it's everywhere I happen to be lately including on campus.