Various stuff on Georgia game

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was surprised that Chubbs was not more impressive. Dog fans had said he was Gurley II. He looked good, but no better than Connor of Pitt. Not in the same class of dangerous as Gurley or Duke Johnson.

I've played the "Laskey or Days" game in my head all year as many posters have. I had pretty much decided Days, but after Saturday, I don't know. Laskey was the quickest to the hole of any B back I have seen that day. And he was running through tackles and dragging for the extra yards.

As far as can remember, we had no big plays. None. I don't mean 60 yard scoring plays either. I can't remember anything going for more than say, 17 yards. And yet we won.

The repeated runs up the middle was the most satisfying part of the win for me. Or maybe stopping them when they tried the same thing. It's football at its purest. When you do that and you stop them cold when they try it, there is no luck or no getting around the blow to psyche or the joy if your team is the one doing it.

Couldn't we just plug Shamire into Shaq's spot and leave everyone else in the same starting offensive line lineup next year?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Haven't seen it mentioned yet so I will take the opportunity now. I. Johnson has gotten some grief from fans for his play. He has made good plays for us this year and has been making some good tackles for us. Did so again vs the mutts. To those that said he doesn't hit hard etc....he laid the lumber on Chubby to get that crucial caused fumble. Thank you for you play IJ, keep bringing it for 2 (or 3 :D) more. Good luck with your pro workouts. Pullin for ya.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Haven't seen it mentioned yet so I will take the opportunity now. I. Johnson has gotten some grief from fans for his play. He has made good plays for us this year and has been making some good tackles for us. Did so again vs the mutts. To those that said he doesn't hit hard etc....he laid the lumber on Chubby to get that crucial caused fumble. Thank you for you play IJ, keep bringing it for 2 (or 3 :D) more. Good luck with your pro workouts. Pullin for ya.
Looked like Isiah may have taken a poor angle on that long run by Chubb, but made up for it quickly by causing the fumble on the goal line.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Days was having himself a hell of a game when he went out. He was real close to 100 yards, and had a higher YPC than Laskey. We really do have a 2 headed monster at BB.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

IJ also destroyed the kicker on the fake.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I guess this can go here. Sneezy pumped, and look who else is a proud jacket, our boy Reggie.

@HunterGuess @JAttaochu45 YOU HAVE NO CLUE! These people in Michigan are looking at me so crazy right now #GOJACKETS #THWG #TOGETHERWESWARM

I saw how often Reggie Ball tweets out support for Tech football. I know I remember seeing him there when Tevin beat Clemson a few years back so I am sure he has always been a booster and supporter of the program. I am always pleased to see any former players showing active support and being engaged with the football program that they will always be part of. As student-athletes of Tech they will always have my respect and gratitude no matter what highs or lows they may have ever had in actual games. This is supposed to be amateur athletics after all, and at Tech you actually do have to be a student (yes, I know he ended up ineligible at the end but that is beside the point).

Just look at that OSU tweet from their new QB about not wanting to go to school while playing football there.

So I am glad to see a mention here as no matter what occurred in any disappointing games Reggie is and always will be one of our Tech men.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck

The hit I. Johnson put on the Mutts kicker running that fake field goal was a wallop! He got Trucked Big Time by Johnson and didn't even know where he was, let alone get that license number.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The repeated runs up the middle was the most satisfying part of the win for me. Or maybe stopping them when they tried the same thing. It's football at its purest. When you do that and you stop them cold when they try it, there is no luck or no getting around the blow to psyche or the joy if your team is the one doing it.

man, I 100% agree. when you just line up and pound the ball and everyone knows what you are going to do and yet, can't stop it....that is beautiful. our loss to them a few years ago when we were the favorites and their tailbacks just ran for over 9 ypc was sickening. On Saturday the shoe was on the other foot and it was glorious. On some of longestdays videos you could see a few of their players, one LB in particular, give up. equally as important as the outcome was the sense that we finally had a team that was their equal (perhaps superior) physically. This was not a "one off" event, we could beat them again next week. (or they might beat us...the point being we bring the same level of athleticism and physicality to the field as they do).

this coming from a guy who said that the talent level on the field was about equal for both teams when we squeaked by GSU,

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
4shot, we agree again. One of the most horrible losses I can remember -- and Lord knows I can remember too many -- was that year some fullback for them I never heard of before or since ran up the middle all game long.

man, I 100% agree. when you just line up and pound the ball and everyone knows what you are going to do and yet, can't stop it....that is beautiful. our loss to them a few years ago when we were the favorites and their tailbacks just ran for over 9 ypc was sickening. On Saturday the shoe was on the other foot and it was glorious. On some of longestdays videos you could see a few of their players, one LB in particular, give up. equally as important as the outcome was the sense that we finally had a team that was their equal (perhaps superior) physically. This was not a "one off" event, we could beat them again next week. (or they might beat us...the point being we bring the same level of athleticism and physicality to the field as they do).

this coming from a guy who said that the talent level on the field was about equal for both teams when we squeaked by GSU,

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Days runs lower, but Laskey hits the hole a whole lot faster. They both bring different advantages to the position. I like them both. Good pair to have and to keep each other fresh for the whole game.

I like to think Days running lower and with his additional weight "wears down" the opposing D players, and then Laskey, with his explosiveness to the hole, runs through a very worn out bunch of defenders!! Days is a truckload to bring down, but he isn't as quick to the hole, as you say, as Laskey.