Van / Truck (including rental) regulation

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In light of the NY terrorist attack, it is clearly time that we put into place some common sense regulations on the purchase and rental of motor vehicles, especially vans and trucks.
1) there should be background checks
2) there should be a waiting period
3) there should be a way to close a possible loophole of people selling their privately owned vehicles to others without a background check and waiting period

LibertyTurns

Banned

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
4) All trucks and large vans should be straight shift transmissions. No automatics.

Yes...automatic transmissions aid untrained drivers in rapidly accelerating thus increasing the driver's ability to kill and injure more victims in an attack. Kinda like bump stocks on rifles.:rolleyes:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Trump wants to send this human piece of garbage to Gitmo. That would be a violation of his Constitutional rights to due process. He should face the death penalty though.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Trump wants to send this human piece of garbage to Gitmo. That would be a violation of his Constitutional rights to due process. He should face the death penalty though.

Not taking a side, only curious. Are the constitutional rights different from a citizen verses a green card holder. My first thought would be yes. The green card gets revoked and he is considered an enemy combatant.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not taking a side, only curious. Are the constitutional rights different from a citizen verses a green card holder. My first thought would be yes. The green card gets revoked and he is considered an enemy combatant.

No. Even illegal immigrants are afforded the same Constitutional rights provided to citizens. Legal status does not matter. Just have to be on US soil.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There is some talk by Trump and L. Graham of having this guy listed as an enemy combatant to to try him in a military tribunal/ send him to Gitmo. Imo that would violate his Constitutional rights and I think the courts would rightfully strike down such an attempt. That's just my own opinion however.