Va Tech Game Travel Thread

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We went in 2018 and plan on going this year too.

Problem is, almost all hotels are sold out or $1k a night.
If you're open to Airbnb and staying a (very reasonable) driving distance from Lane, you can find some pretty nice deals outside Blacksburg. We had a really nice lakehouse a skip down I-81 for $200/night in 2022. Capitalism! Fun trip and got the exciting W. Got to play Pete Dye River Course on that trip too which was stunning but unfortunately we probably missed peak foliage season by a week or 2.

The Louisville metro area on the other hand must have regulated short term rentals because I ended up with a dumpy chain hotel on the other side of the river. Quick $20 Uber from the stadium, not bad at all.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Just purchased my tickets for the VPI game in October — wanted to see if anyone else is planning on making the trip from ATL or elsewhere. I'm very excited to witness Lane Stadium in person!
I live in the area, family is a VT family except me, GT is my team hahaha, but it's quite rhe experience!!

I hope you enjoy it, i went to the GT game in 2018 against VT and it was amazing!

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
So if you are a leaving on Friday afternoon (3-5pm), you might consider pulling over before you get to Blacksburg. I have stayed in a hotel in Abingdon, Va. which is just over the state line from (Bristol / Kingsport - Tennessee. Now, Abingdon is about 1 hour 50 minutes from Blacksburg - so you'd have to leave by no later than 8:30 in the event of a noon game. Hopefully, it won't be a noon game so you have time to see the campus. Abingdon is also not a bad little tourist spot as it is the home of the Barter Theatre. The Barter Theatre began during the depression when the town offered out of work actors room and board in exchange for theatre performances. I think there are matinee and evening performances. In October there is both a comedy and a Sherlock Holmes play running. Coming from that direction- parking for the game was off- sight . We parked at a Church which ran its own shuttle bus. It wasn't that bad. Beautiful drive, electric atmosphere and exciting game - the Blacksburg trip gets five thumbs up from me.