UGA Loses Lone RB Recruit; Marshall a Potential Target?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
if the biggest knock on him is his size not fitting the position he would play here...I'd say that's pretty crucial. And if he is all he is cracked up to be...why was he committed to southerN (not to take anything away from That program). And probably uga's 5th backup option.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
10/10 times I'd rather be in our position than Uga's. We got all of our top targets at BB and AB, and then added one more because he was that good. UGa on the other hand lost their sole RB commit and had to scramble last minute for whatever they can get.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
He is a 2 star player who should be a 3 or 4 star UGA commit by 3:30 or 4:00 pm this afternoon.

GT staff knows all about him, he is from TaQuon Marshall's high school. He did not get an offer.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
10/10 times I'd rather be in our position than Uga's. We got all of our top targets at BB and AB, and then added one more because he was that good. UGa on the other hand lost their sole RB commit and had to scramble last minute for whatever they can get.

Oh i don't disagree. I wasn't making an assertion that I'd like to switch places with UGA right now. I was just pointing out that they got a damn good RB. I was curious why Tech wasn't on his offer sheet. I think the backs we do have in this class will do well in our offense. I'm very excited to see Marcus at BBack- reminds me of the RB GaSouthern had drafted a year or so ago

RocketJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ehh he's big but he runs upright and doesn't look all that fast in his film. The QB in that film is our very own TaQuon Marshall and he looks a lot faster than this guy. I like what we have better.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If Tech did not offer and we did offer a team mate we obviously knew of him and did research on him. We either did not think he was a good fit for what we do or he did not have the academic prowess to cut it at Tech. You watch enough film and you could ask the same question you are asking about hundreds of other kids.

Go Jackets!

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a hard time believing that the kid doesn't have a good bit of talent if UGA went after him. Probably is not a good fit at GT, but UGA backs rarely suck. They do seem to sign an awful lot of good ones. He isn't going to be a water boy for them.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh i don't disagree. I wasn't making an assertion that I'd like to switch places with UGA right now. I was just pointing out that they got a damn good RB. I was curious why Tech wasn't on his offer sheet.

Probably for the same reason UGA tried to flip MLD before offering Crowder.

The guys we got are better.