Two bigger worries than Cottrell or Lands-Davis from this morning's AJC

I think we should probably all calm down a bit. We have no idea what the coaches are thinking, we just know what they say to the media. We have know idea how the players are actually practicing or what they are actually doing, we just know the coaches characterization of those facts to the media.

Our coaching staff, especially CPJ, is notorious for toning down praise - especially based on preseason workouts. So its not surprising at all that they haven't come out and talked about how they are wowed by every RG candidate and how they should go ahead and award JHD the Heisman. I wouldn't expect that even if it were true. Its also not surprising because there is no need at this time to anoint a starter at RG, nor is there any reason to make JHD #1 on the depth chart. We've got a competition at RG. That will probably be true up until the first game, and then maybe even up until ND. I'm sure multiple guys will play at the position. There's just no reason to come out and say to the public three weeks before the first game whether there is someone who has taken control of the job. Same thing with JHD - no reason to announce at this point in time if he's earned a starting gig. Basically, its a motivational ploy.

I'll make a judgment on how our guys are playing once I actually see them play. Until then, its difficult, but I'll resist doing so.
Very Well said! Damn it sucks to have Chris Griffin out this season. Erin Joe could move inside and that would be huge.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me guess, you're one of those attorneys that likes to have actual evidence too.

One of my favorite lawyer sayings is "If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If the law is on your side, argue the law. If you've got neither, wave the flag."

There are some other good ones like if you got the facts, pound the facts, if you got the law, pound the law, if you got neither pound the table.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorite lawyer sayings is "If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If the law is on your side, argue the law. If you've got neither, wave the flag."

There are some other good ones like if you got the facts, pound the facts, if you got the law, pound the law, if you got neither pound the table.
It's hard to argue your point using facts many times because folks can't even agree on the facts.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's hard to argue your point using facts many times because folks can't even agree on the facts.

You'd be surprised. Most of what I do relates to technology, so there really isn't much of a dispute on how the thing works, its usually arguing the law on whether the thing does whats claimed in a patent, or whether it was obvious to do what the patent said based on what came before. Most of the time the facts aren't in dispute, though, the case is resolved outside of the presence of a jury and instead only on the briefs.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
You'd be surprised. Most of what I do relates to technology, so there really isn't much of a dispute on how the thing works, its usually arguing the law on whether the thing does whats claimed in a patent, or whether it was obvious to do what the patent said based on what came before. Most of the time the facts aren't in dispute, though, the case is resolved outside of the presence of a jury and instead only on the briefs.
I am a tax lawyer and I similarly rarely have facts in doubt in my work. What is surprising to most people is how unclear the law is frequently.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The best weapon is a secret one. The enemies have scout teams too.22 days til facts meet the world.( toe meets leather) believe what you need ,want,heard,read or what master strategic cpj wants you to.stay healthy GT.team . truth on the flats coming soon.

To me, Sept 19th is when facts meet the world......

Maybe the law is unclear because "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." ;)

Maybe the law is unclear because that helps keep lawyers employed. A bad lawyer is one who makes your case drag on for 2 years. A good lawyer is one who makes it drag on longer.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Maybe the law is unclear because that helps keep lawyers employed. A bad lawyer is one who makes your case drag on for 2 years. A good lawyer is one who makes it drag on longer.[/QUOTE]

Of course this is true if they are billing by the hour... if on contingency, not so much. :D

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the law is unclear because that helps keep lawyers employed. A bad lawyer is one who makes your case drag on for 2 years. A good lawyer is one who makes it drag on longer.

Of course this is true if they are billing by the hour... if on contingency, not so much. :D[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we should probably all calm down a bit. We have no idea what the coaches are thinking, we just know what they say to the media. We have know idea how the players are actually practicing or what they are actually doing, we just know the coaches characterization of those facts to the media.

Our coaching staff, especially CPJ, is notorious for toning down praise - especially based on preseason workouts. So its not surprising at all that they haven't come out and talked about how they are wowed by every RG candidate and how they should go ahead and award JHD the Heisman. I wouldn't expect that even if it were true. Its also not surprising because there is no need at this time to anoint a starter at RG, nor is there any reason to make JHD #1 on the depth chart. We've got a competition at RG. That will probably be true up until the first game, and then maybe even up until ND. I'm sure multiple guys will play at the position. There's just no reason to come out and say to the public three weeks before the first game whether there is someone who has taken control of the job. Same thing with JHD - no reason to announce at this point in time if he's earned a starting gig. Basically, its a motivational ploy.

I'll make a judgment on how our guys are playing once I actually see them play. Until then, its difficult, but I'll resist doing so.

Did you mean to say RT? From the OP I thought the right tackle slot was up for grabs.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck