Tug of War

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech is spending the offseason getting in shape to run Paul Johnson's offense, which means some heavy lifting for the hog mollies up front. In this video, posted by Johnson to his Twitter account, it looks like some of the Yellow Jackets' players (mostly offensive linemen by the looks of it) are going head-to-head with some of the staff in a rigorous tug-of-war battle.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...hnson-wants-replace-coin-flips-for-tug-of-war

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I may be way off, but I noticed someone wearing Under Armour gear in that clip. If I remember correctly, back in my day, the equipment folks didn't think too highly of players wearing any brand other than Russell during team activities. Might that be a sign?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not a sign. Guys have worn underarmor under unis for a while now. Having said that...Russell actually makes pretty good under armor type shirts at a very economic price point. I'm an underarmor fan for their products...heat and cold gear. But the Russell heat gear type equivalents are pretty good and cheaper. Unis?....I have no opinion on the quality there as I have no experience with them.

On another note...if the players are having to cheat to beat their old *** coaches....they best get back in the weight room:LOL:

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw two videos- one showing player team verse player team. The other players verse coaches for fun.... Don't read so much into it whiskey!

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Not a sign. Guys have worn underarmor under unis for a while now. Having said that...Russell actually makes pretty good under armor type shirts at a very economic price point. I'm an underarmor fan for their products...heat and cold gear. But the Russell heat gear type equivalents are pretty good and cheaper. Unis?....I have no opinion on the quality there as I have no experience with them.

On another note...if the players are having to cheat to beat their old *** coaches....they best get back in the weight room:LOL:
The coaches had Zach Reed as their anchor. He could prob win a tug of war competition by himself. LOL

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I applaud his willingness to change. But if it comes to a tug of war, the factories win all those.