Tuesday practice update

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We finally have really good team leadership. I wonder if this dynamic changes next year. Mason is a big part of team leadership and he'll be in the League. JT will be back and so will the Aussie. All the sr Abacks and Smelter depart as well. It will be interesting to see who steps up. I think Smelters zeal for blocking has really rubbed off on all the skill guys in that area. Oh, and Laskey and Days are gone, too.

I think the one word that best sums up this year's team is "selfless."

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Those intangibles are much more important than most folks realize, imho. I predict that most will look at our returning players, like the O line and JeT, the fact that most of our defense returns (plus JHD and Whitehead ?)) and they will assume we will be better next year.

Not so fast my friend! There have been plenty of years when GT looked good on paper to start the year, and disappointed...and plenty of years when expectations were low when we excelled...and I think the difference is that intangible team chemistry thingie.

Animal02

Banned
We finally have really good team leadership. I wonder if this dynamic changes next year. Mason is a big part of team leadership and he'll be in the League. JT will be back and so will the Aussie. All the sr Abacks and Smelter depart as well. It will be interesting to see who steps up. I think Smelters zeal for blocking has really rubbed off on all the skill guys in that area. Oh, and Laskey and Days are gone, too.

I think the one word that best sums up this year's team is "selfless."

One comment I have heard a few players during interviews......they always talk about playing for their teammates......not the fans or anyone else....their teammates. I think that has really shown through in their play this year from the come from behind wins to the close loses to the smack down last against NCST.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
One comment I have heard a few players during interviews......they always talk about playing for their teammates......not the fans or anyone else....their teammates. .
Extra motivation for this weekend since it is Senior day. They want to beat Clemson for their Seniors. The Seniors want to win for the guys that will carry the ball into next year.
Looking forward to Saturday with optimism. Clemson can be beaten by swarming Yellow Jackets.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To animal's point, there was a particularly satisfying exchange during the end of the radio show Monday night. Hearing it added a tone that a report of it doesn't capture all that well. A caller had no question but just wanted to say how much he had enjoyed the season and how happy he was to have Paul Johnson as our coach. CPJ quickly said, no, not me, it's the players. He said how much he he enjoying coaching this year's outfit, how great the team chemistry is and how team focused they are. No griping about who gets the carries or catches the passes, just guys all focused on the success of the team.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Coach has always said you play like you practice. Though if I recollect, the Duke week practices also were good.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
To animal's point, there was a particularly satisfying exchange during the end of the radio show Monday night. Hearing it added a tone that a report of it doesn't capture all that well. A caller had no question but just wanted to say how much he had enjoyed the season and how happy he was to have Paul Johnson as our coach. CPJ quickly said, no, not me, it's the players. He said how much he he enjoying coaching this year's outfit, how great the team chemistry is and how team focused they are. No griping about who gets the carries or catches the passes, just guys all focused on the success of the team.
Sure puts a different spin on that report in the offseason that he was unhappy and wanted out, now does it?