Tristan English Slump

Ramblin'Man

Banned
What's up with his hitting this year, it's beyond terrible? I guess the only good news is that he might be back on the flats next year instead of heading to he majors, hope he can figure things out soon....

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
What's up with his hitting this year, it's beyond terrible? I guess the only good news is that he might be back on the flats next year instead of heading to he majors, hope he can figure things out soon....
If I heard correctly, he has one of the highest exit velocities on the team so far. So he’s crushing the ball just a bit unlucky. If he continues to keep the exit velo up, the batting average should follow.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If I heard correctly, he has one of the highest exit velocities on the team so far. So he’s crushing the ball just a bit unlucky. If he continues to keep the exit velo up, the batting average should follow.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have access to that kind of data for the college level? I'd love to get my hands on it.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
South P...please don't take this the wrong way but exit velocity? Just another meaningless stat, really, conjured up by the analytics and data industry. Some of this analytics stuff is getting OTT. Just put the ball in play.

Rant over...get off my lawn. :)

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
If you don't mind me asking, do you have access to that kind of data for the college level? I'd love to get my hands on it.
Unfortunately I don't think they publish the college data like statcast does for the MLB. Most of the college analytics is done individually by the team. My reference was Wade mentioning it during the broadcast. As close as he is to the team, I'm sure coaches mention analytical stats to him when he is asking questions and that spills over to the broadcast stream.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I don't think they publish the college data like statcast does for the MLB. Most of the college analytics is done individually by the team. My reference was Wade mentioning it during the broadcast. As close as he is to the team, I'm sure coaches mention analytical stats to him when he is asking questions and that spills over to the broadcast stream.

Ah ok. I guess that is some confirmation that the team uses some form of analytics. How much and how they collect it still seem to be open questions.

For years one of my big complaints about our current coaching staff is that their decision making can seem behind the times when it comes to what we already know from contemporary analysis. Made me wonder if they used data like that or didn't even have it available perhaps to lack of financial support. But sounds like there's something.

Thanks!