Training cranking up again

slugboy

Staff member

We have a lot of interchanges about the transfer portal, recruiting rankings, and x's and o's. There's some frank conversations about the quality of play from various position groups and the quality of coaching too.

A little over 30 years ago, I had players on my hall (and even roomed with one for a short while). I saw the grind, and I think it's more of a grind now--S&C most every day for at least an hour (it's got to be more than an hour--an hour is just getting started at S&C), full class load, homework, and then practice comes in. A full-time GT class load is enough to swamp your days and nights, and the demands on an athlete outside of the classroom take away multiple hours a day that you really don't have and leave you physically spent. Most of us can think of less demanding ways to get a full ride.

A tip of the hat isn't much, but I'm at least going to appreciate the work they're putting in.

arizona diamondbacks bradley GIF by MLB

JacketFan137

Banned
i will always support and believe in these players because i truly think they work hard and put everything in to this. the comments about players “not wanting it” and “giving up” always bother me cause i do think they play hard

hopefully the work being put in now can close the gaps between us and these other teams and we can right the ship.

i get not believing in these coaches but i believe in these players

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’ll see your Hat Tip @slugboy and match it with my own. The men and women who represent The Institute are no joke. They go about their business in a way many of us do not have the self discipline to match. Good on ‘em, and may they all be richly rewarded for their collective sacrifice during the off seasons of their respective sports.

tipping derek jeter GIF

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

We have a lot of interchanges about the transfer portal, recruiting rankings, and x's and o's. There's some frank conversations about the quality of play from various position groups and the quality of coaching too.

A little over 30 years ago, I had players on my hall (and even roomed with one for a short while). I saw the grind, and I think it's more of a grind now--S&C most every day for at least an hour (it's got to be more than an hour--an hour is just getting started at S&C), full class load, homework, and then practice comes in. A full-time GT class load is enough to swamp your days and nights, and the demands on an athlete outside of the classroom take away multiple hours a day that you really don't have and leave you physically spent. Most of us can think of less demanding ways to get a full ride.

A tip of the hat isn't much, but I'm at least going to appreciate the work they're putting in.

Your right, a tip of the hat from an Arizona player ain’t much. 😊

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Interview

New OC says been on road but want to get me guys in weight to emphasize we will be fast and physical.
Says we are going to run 2 TE .

T E is qb s best friend.

Went to visit Sims and family.
Says if your aren't recruiting your players, some one else is.

Got to build relationships.

Said good thing about getting to work w Key and Weinke

I SAY
Heres hoping these 3 work together for a few years.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Amen. Upmost respect for all of these men working, sacrificing, and frankly, doing a hell of a lot more than I (and most fans) ever did for GT. I hope none of the frustration I express is ever taken as condemnation of their effort and commitment.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My sincere and supreme hope for this team is that we FINALLY see a commitment to smash mouth bully ball power running.

Sounds like there are a few OL portal, and pre portal transfers we are working our story with that could make this a reality.

Let’s get it done.