Tourneys

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The past 2 years have been the first times in years that we didn't. Last year, we didn't get drafted in to one because we were expected to suck. This year, it wasn't really feasible given the China trip.

In both years we did this round robin showcase playing the LM teams we're opening with. I think this is partially because Pastner isn't ready to amp up our OOC schedule.

They typically announce next year's field by the end of this year's tourneys, except for Maui & Atlantis. Those are already set.

I've gone to see us play in both. Would love to go back to Maui. Not interested in Atlantis.

Sadly, we're not heading to the Charleston Classic next year either, as VT will rep the ACC.

I'm a big fan of the preseason tourneys and hope we start going again next year. If we are, we probably already know where and it hasn't been announced yet.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think it's an either/or situation with the China trip or a preseason tourney like the Maui Classic. I am not sure if that exemption still exists, but it was there in the past.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it's an either/or situation with the China trip or a preseason tourney like the Maui Classic. I am not sure if that exemption still exists, but it was there in the past.

The exemption still exists and we actually have it baked in to our schedule. The current run of LM teams are part of the "Ramblin Wreck Showcase". Bethune Cookman, UTRGV, North Texas, & Grambling State count as a single game towards the 31 game limit. That said, we've got exactly 31 games scheduled right now, regardless of exemption.