toughman contest

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
if the acc was won based on tough man contests between the coaching staffs

how would you rank the head coaches? the staffs? 1-14,

(its the off season. what can i say. im an mma fan)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll give this a shot...

Head Coaches

1. Steve Addazio (Boston College)
  2. Dabo Swinney (Clemson)
  3. David Cutcliffe (Duke)
  4. Willie Taggart (Florida State)
  5. Geoff Collins (Georgia Tech)
  6. Scott Satterfield (Louisville)
  7. Manny Diaz (Miami)
  8. Mack Brown (North Carolina)
  9. Dave Doeren (North Carolina State)
  10. Pat Narduzzi (Pittsburgh)
  11. Dino Babers (Syracuse)
  12. Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia)
  13. Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech)
  14. Dave Clawson (Wake Forest)

At a glance
  • I'm giving the nod to the Yankee schools. Babers and Narduzzi bring the heat. Addazio is a large man.
  • Mack Brown and Dabo will try charm rather than fight. Mendenhall will probably try zen. Fuente will stand there speechless.
  • Taggart, Diaz are scrawny. Maybe scrappy? Cutcliffe will just whine.
  • Clawson is a wild card, as with anything from Wake Forest. Doeren is probably top 4.
  • Collins - not sure what his style would be, but I see him as middle of the pack, probably higher with relentless energy.

Now, the OP question was about staffs, not just HC. Which brings up a few thoughts.
  • Does Clemson get to count all 6,000 staff members? If so, then I like their chances.
  • Speaking of Clemson, what are the chances Brett Venables self-implodes before the fight even starts?
  • Don't want to mess with Bud Foster. No thank you.
  • F$U OC Kendall Briles... from Baylor... good chance there'll be body bags one way or another.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In years past, CPJ would stare everyone down and win before his cigar is fully lit.

LOL...I've met CPJ several times. He's a fairly tall guy (6'1ish), and he's really good with verbal comebacks, but he's not intimidating at all in terms of physical appearance.

Now if Marco Coleman were to walk up to me angry, I'd probably be concerned.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I've met CPJ several times. He's a fairly tall guy (6'1ish), and he's really good with verbal comebacks, but he's not intimidating at all in terms of physical appearance.

Now if Marco Coleman were to walk up to me angry, I'd probably be concerned.
You must not have seen him stare down Stoops at the Taxslayer Gator Bowl. I thought Stoops was going to run to the sidelines and hide under the UK bench (if he didn’t keep running until he got to somewhere north of Savannah).